Plumbing uv sterilizer

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dual overflow 125 marine land reef ready tank. I'm wanting to add a uv sterilizer to the soft plumbing. Not sure on how to go around this? Vertical horizontal? And I do have a return manifold that I will have to remake to add the uv sterilizer. Suggestions and pics please?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

LTC0405

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bump this also. Setting up a 125 that came with a sterilizer and didn't keep any of the old plumbing setup and want to see options

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how I would plumb a uv sterilizer into my current plumbing. I got the manifold into soft plumbing. I may have to redo my plumbing to incorporate it in. I just don't have the time to do it with school, new job and planning a wedding with the woman

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am far from a competent plumber, but with 2 units on two tanks, a trick I learned (from the first set up) is if you are setting them horizontally, I would not hang it perfectly level. I have slight cant up to the return side to ensure any minor bubbles that coalesce into macro bubbles are run out of the chamber

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back