PMASI Website Registration = fail?

Jmdumbeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has PMASI's website been down? Registration has been down since August, and I really want to join! I'd like to try and go to a few meetings.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the schedule:

Meetings are held at:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Elmer's
4005 William Penn Highway
Monroeville, Pa. 15146
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif](412) 372-6535[/FONT]

Jan 24 - Coral Propagation Workshop

Feb 28 - PPG Aquarium Behind the Scenes Tour and Pet the Sharks

Mar 28 - Eric Borneman

Apr 25 - Anthony Calfo: “Aquarium Photographyâ€Â

May 23 - Scott Fellman

Jun 27 - Roundtable discussion

Jul 25 - Club Picnic and Frag Swap

Aug 22 - PVC Workshop

Sep 19 - Randy Reed

Oct 24 - MACNA Review

Dec 5 - Holiday Party/Mega Raffle

OP
OP
Jmdumbeck

Jmdumbeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the schedule! :) This weekend for my anniversary my husband and I are going to the Baltimore Aquarium. I was actually at Elmers for the day of the most recent meeting (a few days ago) but Jesse was helping me get corals and I didn't want to drive back to greensburg then back again. :(

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I wish I could make it to more meetings but Saturday night is the worst day for me. I maybe make it to two meetings a year if I'm lucky. You'll have to post some pics of the Baltimore Aquarium and give us a recap when you get back. I have been trying to make a trip out to see that with my family. Have fun! :bigsmile:

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has PMASI's website been down? Registration has been down since August, and I really want to join! I'd like to try and go to a few meetings.

It's been down a lot longer than just August. :nerd:

Don't join next month though, you'll be dipping in my koolaid for the mega-raffle :tongue:

Just kidding...the more the merrier (but seriously though, don't come, or if you do, don't get any raffle tickets)

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been down a lot longer than just August. :nerd:

Don't join next month though, you'll be dipping in my koolaid for the mega-raffle :tongue:

Just kidding...the more the merrier (but seriously though, don't come, or if you do, don't get any raffle tickets)

That is a waste of a good web site. There is never any activity on there.
I think I am going the same route as you and getting rid of most of my Zoa's I am just going to concentrate of sps and lps like acans and blastos. I am hooked since I got that red and green blastos off of you. The green acan is fat and happy also and growing off of the plug.

Kimberly63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can email [email protected] and someone will take care of your membership.

Our website is down because we are having problems with it. Someone is working on it currently.

OP
OP
Jmdumbeck

Jmdumbeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back from Baltimore. We had a blast and I got a bunch of decent pictures. (Decent because I only have a 10.2 mp Samsung Digital cam. No nice SLR or anything. Plus flash = glare, and no flash = blur movement. It's a no win situation with digitals. Anyway, I'll post a separate post with pictures, with a link to all of them on Photobucket.

OP
OP
Jmdumbeck

Jmdumbeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can email [email protected] and someone will take care of your membership.

Our website is down because we are having problems with it. Someone is working on it currently.

I did email that address, and Rich Terrell emailed back saying:

"Hi Jennifer!
We shut down new registrations for a multitude of reasons and the forum is all but unused by the membership at this point. This may change in the future with a change in site structure and forum software. But that will not likely take place until next year.

Sorry!"

:eek:oh:

raynist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unforunately that site never really took off. Most people ended up posting on the reef central link I emailed you this morning. Registration for the club hasn't been shutdown, just the registration for the forums. The club is run by volunteers and the site became too much to handle.

You are welcome to attend a meeting without joining the club. Our next meeting is December 5th. You should be able to join at the club at the next meeting if you would like. One of the big benefits if the club is 10% off at all of the good local stores.

--Ray.

OP
OP
Jmdumbeck

Jmdumbeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Yeah Scott & Jesse at Elmers were explaining that to me today. I plan on being at the Dec. 5th meeting. How much is the membership? :)

flomasterflex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving back into the area within the next few months. I am currently lookin for the forum that the most people from the Pittsburgh area use to communicate as the aforementioned site is no longer useable, which is a shame. Can anyone point me in that direction that would be awesome. I hope to join the club around the beginning of next year.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving back into the area within the next few months. I am currently lookin for the forum that the most people from the Pittsburgh area use to communicate as the aforementioned site is no longer useable, which is a shame. Can anyone point me in that direction that would be awesome. I hope to join the club around the beginning of next year.

We use this website and also the reefcentral site. Activity on both has kinda slowed down recently, but I think that's partially due to the fact that people are just getting back into the swing of things for the winter.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back