OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I finally added some VHO's to the shallow system and even though its only been a couple of weeks, its starting to develop some very cool coloration :xd:

nice save me a piece :)..VHO got me thinkin to add :)

All this nice LPS has me thinking :).

Brian imagine If I have colonies lol.. All my frags are going on a faster rate :) soon it will be colonies :)... I have to send you SPS I will cut them next week and send u a list :)..

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to hook halides up to my tank along with VHO's. iv never seen a vho pop first hand so this should be like christmas morning maybey i can get my deep water looking like yours did steve.

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to hook halides up to my tank along with VHO's. iv never seen a vho pop first hand so this should be like christmas morning maybey i can get my deep water looking like yours did steve.

Let me know how it goes.. Like I said don't have any experience with VHO's but really thinking of adding one on my next set up ( if I will have one lol ).. thanks

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve you don't have the Wanted. You are missing out it one of the nicer tye dye rainbow chalice.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading some posts in the beginning pages of this amazingg tank thread! and well, i just had to break down my tank because i lost everything during a power outage a few weeks ago and now im upgrading my tank and going to a tech 90, but someone asked how you liked T5 over MH and you couldn't answer yet for the sps because it was too early to tell. So now its been awhile and im assuming your sps are now small colonies, so i was wondering under which light do you think the sps looks better in and why? I'm only asking because my tank will be sps dominated and i've been thinking of getting the ATI Sunpower 6x54w fixture but just wanted to know how the sps will look.

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve you don't have the Wanted. You are missing out it one of the nicer tye dye rainbow chalice.

I am now ;)...

I was reading some posts in the beginning pages of this amazingg tank thread! and well, i just had to break down my tank because i lost everything during a power outage a few weeks ago and now im upgrading my tank and going to a tech 90, but someone asked how you liked T5 over MH and you couldn't answer yet for the sps because it was too early to tell. So now its been awhile and im assuming your sps are now small colonies, so i was wondering under which light do you think the sps looks better in and why? I'm only asking because my tank will be sps dominated and i've been thinking of getting the ATI Sunpower 6x54w fixture but just wanted to know how the sps will look.

Ok here is my thoughts and this is from my own experience . The only advantage I see on using T5 is SPS has deeper colors ...While the MH has colors and outstanding growth .. I like the look on both if you ask me so there is no really " I Will just use T5 vs MH" or vice versa..

Sorry for the delay of response as to be honest I wasn't paying attention to my SPS under the T5 tank since 80% of the livestock are mostly Chalices ...

If you are worried on heat and electrical then T5 is also a consideration .. you can make your t5 to look MH but you can't make MH look T5... I said that its because right now I have 6x24 and 2 of the bulbs are on the white side and it looks more like MH :)

I am tired of a long day if you want tomorrow I will call you pm me your #

thanks

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve, my eyes need some sugar! My honey pot is empty and you havn't posted any pics in a few days :tongue:

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thread is just full of K@ndY... :bigsmile:

Thanks Marv
Steve, my eyes need some sugar! My honey pot is empty and you havn't posted any pics in a few days :tongue:

Sorry for the delay been busy and was in and out due to family activities... ( wife on vacation and spring break :) )....

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got any shots of "that red one with green" :snicker:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one from Clint. You might as well throw up the cm favia as well. Heck, why don't you just post pictures of all the ones you sent me :tongue:

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bof 'em!!! :hammer:

lol
The one from Clint. You might as well throw up the cm favia as well. Heck, why don't you just post pictures of all the ones you sent me :tongue:

Sure just have to find a time to clean the tank up a but.. Was in and out for 4 days and Bubble algae is all over the tank again .. I feel I want to give it up.. I will go to LFS later to try another emerald crabs. For some reason emerald crabs die on my tank after 2 days :(...

Sweet collection, Steve! Hey...where's the pic of the Sparkle???

Hey man don't really want to tell you how mad I am .. This one I saved up a small frag and not sure it if it will make it. The mother fell over on top of Tyree key lime chalice.. This was the pic I took last week and I thought from the pic it will recover but it keeps goin so I salvage it :(

008-23.jpg

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer to hear about the chalice mishap. I hate when corals fall on each other!

Neptune Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer Steve...that piece look like it was going to be a gem in your collectio too. I hope the salvaged piece will come through. Good luck bud. I got few more frags that haven't color up fully if you ever need a replacement.

Rob

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer Steve...that piece look like it was going to be a gem in your collectio too. I hope the salvaged piece will come through. Good luck bud. I got few more frags that haven't color up fully if you ever need a replacement.

Rob

Thanks Robert for the offer.. For sure I will hit you up soon...

Do I hear talk of favia candy?!!

I only have limited favia collection :(

Bummer to hear about the chalice mishap. I hate when corals fall on each other!

Yes it does , you have no idea how much chalices I lost from being on top of the other sweeper chalices.. :(

Posted this on page 55
016copy-11.jpg

Now a better pic of the whole thing almost lost this as well but it recovered :)

024copy-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back