Not open for further replies.

DivineStyler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those were taken with 7d body and sigma 150mm/f2.8

Thanks. Nice camera and lens! beautiful photography.

Been trying to get some good shots with my 40D and the cheap 50mm with 1.8 stops, but I just can't get in tight enough and still keep it tack sharp. I don't have 2g to spend on a lens like you got, unfortunately!

You ever try shooting with one of those cheap macro filters on the stock canon lens? Is it even worth my time, or am I better off just dropping the 500$ on something like a 100mm 2.8 Macro?

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Nice camera and lens! beautiful photography.

Been trying to get some good shots with my 40D and the cheap 50mm with 1.8 stops, but I just can't get in tight enough and still keep it tack sharp. I don't have 2g to spend on a lens like you got, unfortunately!

You ever try shooting with one of those cheap macro filters on the stock canon lens? Is it even worth my time, or am I better off just dropping the 500$ on something like a 100mm 2.8 Macro?

Thank you ... There is no secret in photgraphy .. Yes lens make a huge difference but as from personal experience just keep snapping pics and eventually you will get used to it. All the pics on this thread was mostly taken with Canon Xti with 100mm/f2.8 and really no difference with shooting it with Sigma 150mm on a 7d Body. I see mostly difference on the camera when I shoot people, landscape etc etc. I suggest to get the 100mm/f2.8 , The new 100mm USM I have not tried as I see no difference with my old one.

I will snap some pics today with my xti with the 100mm...

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ian - The scolly is just a regular one .. can't afford those rainbows. its just a green and red and maybe kev and Vince thinks once I put them on my tank it will be rainbows :snicker:.. Camera is charging and will get a pic of it..

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ian - The scolly is just a regular one .. can't afford those rainbows. its just a green and red and maybe kev and Vince thinks once I put them on my tank it will be rainbows :snicker:.. Camera is charging and will get a pic of it..

Come on Steve, we all know you have a secret stash of magical pixie dust that turns brown corals into rainbows :)

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is on the right.. like I said nothing special and for the price not bad.. big ups to Uniquecorals and Kevin ( favia freak) who helped me when I was there..

040-1copy.jpg

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet Steve. That's the one I was thinking of getting but went with the traditional bleeding apple instead. I like it because of the different colors and unique patter. Nice pick up dude. Love the reverse one sitting next to it too.

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet Steve. That's the one I was thinking of getting but went with the traditional bleeding apple instead. I like it because of the different colors and unique patter. Nice pick up dude. Love the reverse one sitting next to it too.

Yeah .. I thought you were going to pick it up but when I got back its still there.. So I snatched it right away :)

As promise some pics Xti with 100mm Macro
063copy.jpg

060copy.jpg

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I like that last shot... Did you just glue the squares together? Did you do that for ease of fragging?

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I like that last shot... Did you just glue the squares together? Did you do that for ease of fragging?

Thanks .. Yes I glued the squares together so they can grow on it. As you can see on the pics they outgrow the current plug....

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks .. Yes I glued the squares together so they can grow on it. As you can see on the pics they outgrow the current plug....

Looks like some great growth. What type of squares or flat disks do you prefer? I'm needing to place an order and not sure which ones. I want quality but economy. Thanks again :)

Rocky Mountain Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shots Stevie!
What's the name of the second chalice in the last batch of photos? It looks familiar.

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some great growth. What type of squares or flat disks do you prefer? I'm needing to place an order and not sure which ones. I want quality but economy. Thanks again :)
Chris I got the tiles from HomeDepot and run them in the bandsaw .So I used to 2 tiles to make 4. Im cheap , I have been doing that from some time now cutting everything in half ...

Nice shots Stevie!
What's the name of the second chalice in the last batch of photos? It looks familiar.

You should :) its your Nirvana :D

Rocky Mountain Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should :) its your Nirvana :D

Nice! That's what I thought. Looks like the purple rim is starting to come in. :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is on the right.. like I said nothing special and for the price not bad.. big ups to Uniquecorals and Kevin ( favia freak) who helped me when I was there..

040-1copy.jpg
:hammer:

let's see the other ones... :wink:

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks another one

008copy-13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back