Pocillopora on clam shell

robmiller2

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2018
Messages
703
Reaction score
714
Location
Chesapeake, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a huge pocillopora problem. I have new rock curing in a tub now. The question I have is how do you remove it from a clams shell?? I want to be sure that the clam isn’t harmed of course. What should I do??

37593E21-3BD8-47CB-9068-6A14B2067626.jpeg
 
Ok, I will try scraping it off then finishing off with sand paper to make sure I get everything. Thank you.
 
scalple has a lot of uses and this is one
 
Take a paint brush and paint some lemon juice on the coral leave on for 1-2 mins then rinse off with fresh water. Be careful not get the juice or fresh water into the clam. This will eradicate the SPS from the shell of the clam.
 
Im assuming that its ok to leave the clam out of water for that long and be ok... Just want to be sure. My clams are my favorite thing in my tank, lol.
 
I had same problem. scraped off what I could, then put franks F-Aptasia on the spots. Repeated a week later. Monitor for a few weeks, looking for the tell-tale Return-of-the-Green. If so, kill again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new