Pods in overflow- how to get them out?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have TONS of huge pods in my corner overflow, they're practically carpeted over the bottom and hiding in the sponges. I can't get down far enough to grab with net or turkey baster to suck them up.

any ideas how I can get them out and into the main tank?

I assume and hope the ones in my sump makes their way to the DT?
 
If they are in the overflow , they are everywhere.

You could just blast em with the turkey baster if you want.
 
I would just leave them there. They are probably happy and breeding there otherwise they would find their own way out. Of course if you use socks then they aren't doing you much good unless you dump the socks and sift through the debris to get the pods out. That sounds like a pain though.
 
I don't use socks. I'd like to manually replenish the supply instead of wondering if they're actually going into the main tank, lol. I'll try blasting harder and hope they go into the pipes
 
Do a water change and use a hose to siphon them out into a bucket. Then use a fish net catching them when you dump the bucket. poor them from one bucket into another if you use more water then a water change and put your pod free water back in display.
 
Natural way to keep them under control is a sixline wrasse. Chemical, Interceptor
 
If they are in the overflow , they are everywhere.

You could just blast em with the turkey baster if you want.

Yep. The overflow is just where there's nothing eating them and they don't have to hide to survive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new