Point intensity and schedule intensity?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point Intensity is to set the overall intensity of a selected point in the days schedule. Schedule Intensity can change the entire days schedule. Let me explain:

Below is a typical daily schedule in mobius for lighting. (I have G4Pros but for these purposes, there's no differences between the G5.)

aLlA13Ol.jpg

This example shows 6 seperate points throughout the day.

If you select one of those points:

MTEJaApl.jpg

you will have the option to set the desired color spectrum by moving the individual sliders of each LED and then at the very top set the point intensity on that particular point. Keeping in mind changing the point intensity only effects that point.

Once you build your schedule the “SCHEDULE Intensity” option allows you to simultaneously lower all points at once.

For example if I start to see my corals bleach, I don’t have to go in and change the individual point intensity, I can simply lower the percentage down [let’s say] 10% and see how my corals respond.

In this example the dotted line represents schedule at 100%, however I set the “SCHEDULE Intensity” to 51% which is represented by the solid line.

mayIyB8l.jpg

1HlAaubl.jpg

Now, if I only wanted to make a change to one of the daily points, I can do that with point intensity.

MTEJaApl.jpg

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure that’s acclimation mode. I turned it off and adjusted the light intensity manually -raising the overall intensity 5% every week or two.
Your post is a common reply, because enabling acclimation mode shows the same dotted line. The difference between the 2 is that acclimation slowly ramps back up to 100% schedule intensity depending on how many days you program acclimation.

Schedule Intensity wont change unless the user goes in and changes it.

The easiest way to determine this is by verifying whether or not Acclimation is enabled/disabled.

Y5Xi1mKl.jpg

Don't read on unless you've fully comprehend and processed what's been posted above.

The logical next question will more than likely be, "What if Acclimation is enabled, and Schedule Intensity is less than 100%? Will there be 2 dotted lines?

The answer is: Currently no. the dotted line will still represent 100% and Acclimation will only ramp up to the set Schedule Intensity. In other words once Acclimation has ran it's course it will settle at the pre-set Schedule Intensity.

Floppyfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is by far the most clarifying I’ve read about the intensity settings. I was totally confused after watching the Ecotech video on it and nobody really seemed to explain the point intensity vs schedule intensity like you just did. A big thankyou from me. Just received my G15 gen 5 pro yesterday and was trying to understand it so I don’t torch everything.

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sisterlimonpot Thanks for the explanation. It almost made sense to me until I tried to set it up like that.

I noticed your point intensity is set to 70% but your graph is showing 50%. If I sent my point intensity to 70% with the G5 blues the dotted line goes to 70% on the graph.

99B2E857-B221-498C-AE12-8903CAFE4B8B.jpeg

0C92D8C9-EF70-49ED-A0F9-6B9B5C752BB2.jpeg

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sisterlimonpot Thanks for the explanation. It almost made sense to me until I tried to set it up like that.

I noticed your point intensity is set to 70% but your graph is showing 50%. If I sent my point intensity to 70% with the G5 blues the dotted line goes to 70% on the graph.

99B2E857-B221-498C-AE12-8903CAFE4B8B.jpeg

0C92D8C9-EF70-49ED-A0F9-6B9B5C752BB2.jpeg
I don't know how they calculate that number, I gather that they extrapolate the sum of the color intensities and point intensity and then average it all out.

The value given to to blues aren't the same as what's given to whites. And I think the only reason they did that was to make the graph flow properly and look pleasing to the eye. Otherwise morning/evening blues would spike and the mid day light would be lower on the graph.

I would guess that you having G5 blues, all your color sliders are set to 100% then point intensity on the graph would reflect point intensity.

To test that theory, turn all your color sliders to 50% and keep point intensity at 70%. What does the graph look like?

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right about how they add up the percentages.

And yes my graph was reflecting all the sliders at 100%! I finally feel like I have a grasp on how the different types intensity sliders work. THANK YOU!!!

OP
OP
Bgriff0819

Bgriff0819

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the feedback and advice I def understand more then I did before. From what I gathered from Ecotech and information gathered from here I set my lights on the AB+ template and point intensity at 50 with a schedule intensity at 100. I am running a acclimation mode currently because for a few weeks I was running the lights on very low settings as I didn’t understand everything fully. I most likely will set my point intensity up to 65 slowly due to diffusers added and slight par loss due to that but am going to work on getting or renting a par meter before making any other adjustments. Corals are happy.

Kovenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a new user from ecotech G5, came from AI but use app but they are different in the setting way and I had the same doubt about point vs schedule intensity but thank to this thread now I set everything like it suppose to be, thanks my corals didn't suffer much. But now I'm running every point intensity in the modfied radiant template at 60% and the schedule intensity at 100% so now is giving 60% in all point getting par level where I have my monitors of 225-230 and mid tank 160-150 where is have mushrooms and Zoas, and bottom 80-120 where I have other LPS and Acans. I'm going to run a short acclimation period at 60% just for the minor change.

PS
Tank rig:
Waterbox 25 peninsula
Ecotech xr15 G5
Diffuser
20lb live Hawaii sand
20lb live purple/pink rock
Nano skimmer Eshopp
Nero 3
Kraken reef lid

20211008_154003.jpg 20211008_154015.jpg 20211008_154039.jpg Screenshot_20211008-154247_Mobius.jpg

Last edited:

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point Intensity is to set the overall intensity of a selected point in the days schedule. Schedule Intensity can change the entire days schedule. Let me explain:

Below is a typical daily schedule in mobius for lighting. (I have G4Pros but for these purposes, there's no differences between the G5.)

aLlA13Ol.jpg

This example shows 6 seperate points throughout the day.

If you select one of those points:

MTEJaApl.jpg

you will have the option to set the desired color spectrum by moving the individual sliders of each LED and then at the very top set the point intensity on that particular point. Keeping in mind changing the point intensity only effects that point.

Once you build your schedule the “SCHEDULE Intensity” option allows you to simultaneously lower all points at once.

For example if I start to see my corals bleach, I don’t have to go in and change the individual point intensity, I can simply lower the percentage down [let’s say] 10% and see how my corals respond.

In this example the dotted line represents schedule at 100%, however I set the “SCHEDULE Intensity” to 51% which is represented by the solid line.

mayIyB8l.jpg

1HlAaubl.jpg

Now, if I only wanted to make a change to one of the daily points, I can do that with point intensity.

MTEJaApl.jpg
So if I set my schedule intensity to 0 (zero) then my light should not be on. It should not be on because my scheduled intensity for my whole schedule is 0. But that is not the case, my light appears to be just as bright no matter where I set my schedule intensity.
If I have all my colors at 100% and my point intensity at 100% and my schedule intensity at 50% or
If I have all my colors at 100% and my point intensity at 50% and my schedule intensity at 100%, then at the peak intensity of the schedule both examples should produce the same intensity--50%. That is not the case, the light will be brighter where the scheduled intensity is at 50%.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back