Poisoning?

lakeviewink

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
906
Reaction score
15
Location
Petoskey, Mi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think an emerald crab could be poisoned by messing with zoanthids? I don't think he actually ate any but he could have gotten the toxin on his pinchers and accidentally poisoned himself. Does anyone know if this is possible? It wasnt very old, maybe nine months
 
Are you sure it's dead? If you found remains it could be just a molt. I think emerald crabs could eat zoas if they wanted to without being poisoned.
 
If it is for sure not its molt I would check your parameters. I wouldn't think zoas could've killed an emerald crab with their palytoxin.
 
It not a molt. Dead crab. Params:
Sg -1.025
Ammonia, nitrite-0
Nitrate -.2 ppm
Phos- .03 ppm
Temp- 78.5
Ca- 440
dKh- 10
Mg- 1260 mg/l
 
Params look fine, I doubt the crab got palytoxin poisoning...chances are slim to none I'd say. :xd:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new