Poll: About Polls!

A Poll About the Daily Polls - Multiple Choice

• I enjoy the daily polls

Votes: 227 64.9%
  • I participate in the polls

Votes: 245 70.0%
  • I find the topics interesting

Votes: 153 43.7%
  • I have made topic suggestions in this thread (hint...hint)

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Everyday is too much

Votes: 46 13.1%
  • I find them annoying (doesn't mean they'll stop!)

Votes: 15 4.3%

• Total voters

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'd like to get some feedback from the members on the daily polls. Do you participate in them? Do you find them useful? Do the topics interest you? Do you have topic suggestions? Or do you just find them annoying?

So now's your chance to have some input. We would love some topic suggestions as well. You can see previous poll topics here. So let us know if you have some ideas.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why if someone found them annoying that they don't just scroll right passed it. I think that getting this information from the user base on the forum may help shed some insight into what people in the hobby are doing. I also think that some sort of database which shows the polls, and results would be helpful. It could help new reefers, or reefers who are looking for alternatives to see what others are doing and base their research/decisions on that data.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy the daily polls. It helps get users that would come on and just skim the forum involved so i believe it helps the site out :)

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I also think that some sort of database which shows the polls, and results would be helpful. It could help new reefers, or reefers who are looking for alternatives to see what others are doing and base their research/decisions on that data.

I put this link in the OP, but it's worth repeating. There is a listing of daily polls that can be referred to. It's by title and date so you can click on any of the links and find the poll related to the topic. The polls do not expire each day either so people can cast a vote if they stumble on the thread.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang I get so much satisfaction just clicking those little boxes. Then add in the fact that they are reef related and I'm hooked! :p

LOVE THE POLLS!!!!

Honestly I look forward to seeing what is going to be featured for the day!

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love the idea of finally compiling some data on what people are doing with their tanks. Tired of people passing along old adages like "change 20% of your water every week" but the data show that number is more likely to be ~10%. I do think it should be up longer to allow for more data collection.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I absolutely love the idea of finally compiling some data on what people are doing with their tanks. Tired of people passing along old adages like "change 20% of your water every week" but the data show that number is more likely to be ~10%. I do think it should be up longer to allow for more data collection.

Great point!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily posts will make people numb, and not pay attention. So you'll see a decline of interest. OTOH, used too sparingly, you'll get the same result.

I think somewhere between daily and weekly is all appropriate, but probably 2 a week, maybe 3, would not burn people out.

Back