Poll: About Polls!

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by dbl, Dec 1, 2017.

?
  1. I enjoy the daily polls

225 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. I participate in the polls

243 vote(s)
    69.8%
  3. I find the topics interesting

151 vote(s)
    43.4%
  4. I have made topic suggestions in this thread (hint...hint)

8 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. Everyday is too much

46 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. I find them annoying (doesn't mean they'll stop!)

15 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

We'd like to get some feedback from the members on the daily polls. Do you participate in them? Do you find them useful? Do the topics interest you? Do you have topic suggestions? Or do you just find them annoying?

So now's your chance to have some input. We would love some topic suggestions as well. You can see previous poll topics here. So let us know if you have some ideas.

Dsnakes likes this.
    Tags:

2. Breadman03

Breadman03 Well-Known Member Catskill Reef Member

Hmm. I don't mind the polls and participate in some. It would be nice if we could collapse them after acknowledging it.

dbl, Tahoe61 and Dsnakes like this.
  3. Dsnakes

Dsnakes Knight Reefer R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I like them. It's nice too see how many people are using certain products, and what the percentages are on certain opinions.

dbl likes this.
  4. Reef of Fillory

Reef of Fillory Well-Known Member

I don't see why if someone found them annoying that they don't just scroll right passed it. I think that getting this information from the user base on the forum may help shed some insight into what people in the hobby are doing. I also think that some sort of database which shows the polls, and results would be helpful. It could help new reefers, or reefers who are looking for alternatives to see what others are doing and base their research/decisions on that data.

dbl, Breadman03 and Dsnakes like this.
  5. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones I was a drab little crab once R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

I enjoy the daily polls. It helps get users that would come on and just skim the forum involved so i believe it helps the site out :)

Dsnakes and dbl like this.
  6. Kman237

Kman237 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I love the daily polls! It's how I start my day and really enjoying joining in on them.

Dsnakes, dbl and crabs_mcjones like this.
  7. Ranjib

Ranjib Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I like them, specially because I also get to know if I am in the median bucket or not :) . Not sure daily poll will be way too frequent or not.
    Would love to see them on sidebar instead of top of my feed

Dsnakes, crabs_mcjones and dbl like this.
  8. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I put this link in the OP, but it's worth repeating. There is a listing of daily polls that can be referred to. It's by title and date so you can click on any of the links and find the poll related to the topic. The polls do not expire each day either so people can cast a vote if they stumble on the thread.

9. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Dang I get so much satisfaction just clicking those little boxes. Then add in the fact that they are reef related and I'm hooked! :p

LOVE THE POLLS!!!!

Honestly I look forward to seeing what is going to be featured for the day!

dbl, Fin, Dsnakes and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the idea of finally compiling some data on what people are doing with their tanks. Tired of people passing along old adages like "change 20% of your water every week" but the data show that number is more likely to be ~10%. I do think it should be up longer to allow for more data collection.

11. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Great point!

12. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor

Daily posts will make people numb, and not pay attention. So you'll see a decline of interest. OTOH, used too sparingly, you'll get the same result.

I think somewhere between daily and weekly is all appropriate, but probably 2 a week, maybe 3, would not burn people out.

Draft saved Draft deleted