• Other or None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daniel Gustafsson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkatronic !!!
Alkatronic is the machine I will buy! Though I have the new apex .... why? yes I have 4 reasons.
1. Will not just monitor and send the latest measurement it will also act when my existing CA reactor and balling station do not deliver the desired amount. and I do not need to buy any expensive doses pumps everything is available in alkatronic.
2. It will be cheap in operation. Ca and Mg are the values I might measure 1-2 times a month manually with red sea. and I submit the icp test to the triton every other month. so I see everything I need there.
3. I feel confident when I have followed alkatronic from beginning to end product.
4. The Alkitronic format makes it easy to place, it looks so awesome. so that it can hang outside on the cabinet. (if you have a white one of course, like me)

Waalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Hannah Alk test. it provides quick accurate results provided that you keep the glass tube very clean during the test.

Dueholm78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkatronic any day of the week! I love that it is fully standalone instead of 2 separate units like some of the others.
The Trident seems decently priced but for me the overall cost would to big since it's not Apex Classic compatible and therefore I would have to invest in the 2016 also. Another aspect that draws me away from Neptune is that the European supplier seems very unproffesional. Ordered an additional Wav pump through my local fishstore and 2,5 months later it had not arrived yet so I think this could be the same thing regarding supply of reagents for the Trident.
No use in having a machine without reagents.

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other - Whichever one is the easiest, most cost efficient, works the best via reviews on Youtube and from personal friends.

Was set on getting the neptine version until I heard that you have to shell out more money to get the new apex....not sure why they did that. They are smart people they could of just made something to where you can use the classic version. Not happy about that, so I will not be buying the spec version for sure. (Even though it is nice looking)

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Hannah Alk test. it provides quick accurate results provided that you keep the glass tube very clean during the test.
In use of the KHG, a couple of us noticed that the Hannah was testing way off. I had the Hannah standards also and it tested to what the standard said it should. The KHG, Salifert and Red Sea test kit all agreed within their error tolerances. The Hannah was reading as high as 1.4 dKH higher. I tested multiple times with multiple cuvettes.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is with the Alkatronic I am lucky to have one of their Focustronic lights and am hopefully going to be getting another soon and if the Alkatronic is as good as their light then this will be a top notch controller that has been designed and built by hobbyists and professional people who want the best for their aquariums and a world class controller that is as easy to use but is clever enough to be adaptable to fit within most people's systems. Aquarists have been consulted and kept totally up to date with the build on this which is quite groundbreaking in itself, this has given the hobbyists the rarest of opportunity to give feedback and remove the not necessary and to incorporate what they a. Either required or b. Would like to see incorporated within the build specification of this controller. Yet they are hoping to include the wish list of everyone and still be in the best price bracket for a controller.
This controller needs to be the go to for the majority of aquarists and it makes me wonder how they intend to top this on their next innovative build.

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at either the KH director or pacific sun kH lab. I like that the KHD works with my P4 but I don't expect it to be in a competitive price ranges plus as others have mentioned to use the KHD and dose you'd need 2 dosers at over €400 a pop.
I'm interested in the Pacific sun as it doesn't use a pH probe and will come with a kore 7th so 4 spare heads after the 3 for the kH lab.
Unsure about the bluetooth connectivity that pacific sun seem to favour but the bundle price I heard was about 600 $ so good value.
The proof is in the pudding so will have to wait for feedback from the brave that jump straight in and get them.

Pacific Sun HQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got few request for taking a voice here and short product info because not so many informations are available for Customers(not so many like in Alkatronic thread - btw I know Jonas and I'm sure that it will be good device also! :) )
Our Kore7th have Bluetooth and Wifi(using Cube Wifi-Bluetooth bridge which will be compatible also with all existing Kore5th dosing stations, led lamps, hybrid , etc). USB port is used for safe firmware updates.
In October we start sales to closed group of chosen users which will do final beta tests for us and we plan release device in November/December this year.
Actual precision of kHLab in Precise mode is 0.02dKh - in normal mode - it's 0.05dKh.
Device come with initial reagent bottle which allow for perform 250 tests.
Cause it was pointed here - Kore 7th have 7 channels - 3 required by kHLab, 4 left for dosing alkalinity solution, calcium, magnesium and mineral salt(like in full balling).
The same about calcium reactor - it's only needed to check alkalinity and dial reactor because during corals growth calcium and alkalinity drop in relative same ratio like they are dissolved from media reactor(also magnesium, if you are using natural corals gravel).
When device work in "guard mode" - it adjust not only alkalinity doses - but also all other channels (growing corals take minerals from water in specific ratio) programmed to adjust flows depending from changes reported by kHLab module.

PS. Actual version of kHLab work using high precision/fast responding pH probe.
It have also second pH probe port which can be use to measure pH in calcium reactor/main tank and control solenoid valve(co2 dose) if its needed. So Kore7th is like Kore5th but with additional pH computer (2 x pH probe port) and WiFi/USB support.
It was very easy to implement because main board from Kore7th include all options available in Kore5th - digital temperature probe, AWC module, ATO module, stirrer connection etc.
About optical measuring - we have prepared "lab module" which use optical sensors and high frequency probe (for measuring more parameters than only alkalinity) but it's too fast to talk about that now - device is still in alpha tests (it have to be easy in operate and maintenance)
Definitely this year and next one will belong for alkalinity modules coming from many manufacturers! :)

Best regards

Przemek

Last edited:

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant believe Neptune is screwing its loyal fan base with the Trident not being compatible with Apex Classic.

I see this kind of response a lot, and while I understand where you are coming from, the whole point of coming out with a new version with additional capabilities, is to be able to offer products that take advantage of those new capabilities. I certainly wouldn't say that they are screwing their loyal fan base. It is not like they are no longer supporting or coming out with new, compatible products, its just that some products will take advantage of the new capabilities built into the new APEX. Otherwise, why would any company come out with a newer upgraded version of anything? So their "Loyal Fanbase" can be pi***d off at them?

Would you be mad if a company came out with a new version of a laptop that you owned, that had new features? The APEX Classic is a very solid, great controller. You still have a great controller that does everything it did before they announced the Trident.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got few request for taking a voice here and short product info because not so many informations are available for Customers(not so many like in Alkatronic thread - btw I know Jonas and I'm sure that it will be good device also! :) )
Our Kore7th have Bluetooth and Wifi(using Cube Wifi-Bluetooth bridge which will be compatible also with all existing Kore5th dosing stations, led lamps, hybrid , etc). USB port is used for safe firmware updates.
In October we start sales to closed group of chosen users which will do final beta tests for us and we plan release device in November/December this year.
Actual precision of kHLab in Precise mode is 0.02dKh - in normal mode - it's 0.05ml.
Device come with initial reagent bottle which allow for perform 250 tests.
Cause it was pointed here - Kore 7th have 7 channels - 3 required by kHLab, 4 left for dosing alkalinity solution, calcium, magnesium and mineral salt(like in full balling).
The same about calcium reactor - it's only needed to check alkalinity and dial reactor because during corals growth calcium and alkalinity drop in relative same ratio like they are dissolved from media reactor(also magnesium, if you are using natural corals gravel).
When device work in "guard mode" - it adjust not only alkalinity doses - but also all other channels (growing corals take minerals from water in specific ratio) programmed to adjust flows depending from changes reported by kHLab module.

PS. Actual version of kHLab work using high precision/fast responding pH probe.
It have also second pH probe port which can be use to measure pH in calcium reactor/main tank and control solenoid valve(co2 dose) if its needed. So Kore7th is like Kore5th but with additional pH computer (2 x pH probe port) and WiFi/USB support.
It was very easy to implement because main board from Kore7th include all options available in Kore5th - digital temperature probe, AWC module, ATO module, stirrer connection etc.
About optical measuring - we have prepared "lab module" which use optical sensors and high frequency probe (for measuring more parameters than only alkalinity) but it's too fast to talk about that now - device is still in alpha tests (it have to be easy in operate and maintenance)
Definitely this year and next one will belong for alkalinity modules coming from many manufacturers! :)

Best regards

Przemek
Awesome! Thanks for weighing in. Sounds like this will be a topnotch device as well. I'm excited about all of these innovations!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 94 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back