Poll: Does your tank take a back seat?

Does your tank take a back seat during the summer?

• YES

Votes: 39 5.9%
  • NO

Votes: 466 71.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 151 23.0%

• Total voters

tank o tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your tank take a back seat in the summer for other hobbies? I know when summer comes my tank doesn't take a back seat as far as maintenance (mostly auto) but I really don't get much as far as frags or livestock. I'm usually tinkering with the cars and going to car shows on the weekends. Can't wait. What is it your waiting for warmer weather to do?

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boating, fishing, cars, outdoor life, yes. Maintenance will stay on schedule but I probably won't be so crazy with purchases for the tank lol.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do more woodworking in the warmer months (since my workshop is unheated), but that's about it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added a poll! Hope you don't mind. @dbl

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This will be my first summer since I was 15 that I didn’t have school or studies of some kind. If anything I plan on adding things, like maybe a social life for once, staying up late watching space balls instead of studying human anatomy or Genics, or nervous systems, etc.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I'll get summer this year : current view out the window

april17.jpg

But if I turn around my beautiful reef is behind me. Seriously though I don't neglect my reef in the summer. I watch a lot of baseball in the summer but that's 3hrs a day, still plenty of time to take care of my tank.

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 boys that play travel ice hockey, so the summer is when I am home the most and pay more attention to the tank.

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It gets really hot here in summer so i try no to do too much outside during the day. One thing i dont miss is cutting the grass. that will need to be started in a week. This summer will be a busy one with putting in a slab rebuilding my subfloor... Maybe a bigger tank in the near future. My livestock purchases will be none for a good lilbit. Till i can get other projects going. summer=project times.

taxiem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in England so we don't officially get a summer lol that being said, the dramatic swings we can get for the couple weeks that constitute summertime mean more maintenance and checks for me personally xx

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at a retail saltwater specialty store. It is DEAD in the summer. My tank at home will suffer. I will be out washing my car, cutting the grass, cooking on the grill, swimming, all the other things that I can only do 3 months out of the year.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at a retail saltwater specialty store. It is DEAD in the summer. My tank at home will suffer. I will be out washing my car, cutting the grass, cooking on the grill, swimming, all the other things that I can only do 3 months out of the year.
Speaking of summer You Folks up north are getting robed of summer this year ! When You get an Arctic Blast 2 days later it's cold down here !

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of summer You Folks up north are getting robed of summer this year ! When You get an Arctic Blast 2 days later it's cold down here !
Yeah man, It was awesome for 2 days and now I am looking out the windows at the snow...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back