Poll: How close is the nearest Saltwater Fish Store to you?

How close is the nearest Saltwater Fish Store to you?

• 1-5 Miles

Votes: 236 34.9%
  • 6-10 Miles

Votes: 154 22.8%
  • 11-20 Miles

Votes: 125 18.5%
  • 21+ Miles

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • Don't have one close enough

Votes: 32 4.7%
  • I shop online only

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters

Hiachi20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Monsters and The Pet Shop are under 5 miles from me, RM is great. Aquarium Arts is under 10 miles from me. I am lucky I guess, there used to be more in the 10-15 mile range sadly many have closed down.
Both are very nice. I go to aquarium arts practically daily. Reef monsters was a pretty clean store. Definitely check out Kona Reef if you're ever that far ;) and artistic aquariums which should be close to you. Both are very clean nice stores. I've been to most in the east valley many many times

Hiachi20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm extending my post, I live in Arizona. For anyone who is curious, if your AC works well, you shouldn't need a chiller. My tank seems to sit at 75F all the time with only my t5s and a return pump. The stores I have gone to are:

Aquarium Arts
Reef Monsters
Kona Reef
Club Reef
Discount Aquariums
Epic Oceans
Artistic Aquariums

If anyone has questions about any of them, I can give very good answers.

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anywhere from 5-30mins, have 6/7 close to me.

Marine net
Pet world
Blue seas aquariums
Exotic aquatic
Reef addiction
Aquatic jewels
Splash aquatic
Coral kingdom

So any given day can almost get whatever I need, but Orlando FL, is a nice place to live Bc I love Top Shelf and WWC.

Dwaters

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several in Orlando. One of the best is Sea in the City. Or online at www.seainthecity.com. Not the biggest online dealer. But the custoner service is the best around. Treat all reeefers the same regardless of your experience. Can get just about anything you want instock. Coral selection is great and always have great deal on specials from their farm each week.

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closest one closed so now the closest is 7 miles. Even though it’s a little farther the best is there isn’t sales tax in Oregon.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vivid aquarium 20 min. away from my home

Dacotahk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We live in a rural area. The closest stores are 3-6 hours away and even then they have a limited amount of livestock. Depending which day you might visit, there may or may not be much choice. Needless to say, online options are necessary and I’m still trying to discern quality suppliers.

Dacotahk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we live in a rural area, the closest stores are 3 hours away the next closest would be 6 hours to a city. The closest stores carry a small selection of livestock and depending on the day you visit, there could be very little choice. This necessitates looking for online choices. I’m still working to find quality suppliers there. If there’s an upside it would be that there are fewer impulse purchases and your tank’s inhabitants are better planned.

Luno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Queensland Australia, also not too far from the Great Barrier Reef. Within a 45minute drive I have around 7 lfs. Within a 20 minute drive around 3

SonRK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in NJ, but work in Midtown Manhattan.

I am a 3 block walk to Manhattan Aquariums which is pretty convenient if I want to do some spontaneous (and somewhat expensive) purchases on my way home. I have a few options in NJ which are a 20-30 minute drive. Absolutely Fish, Iconic Aquariums would be the ones I would go to. I have been to a few others, but their names escape me.

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in NJ, but work in Midtown Manhattan.

I am a 3 block walk to Manhattan Aquariums which is pretty convenient if I want to do some spontaneous (and somewhat expensive) purchases on my way home. I have a few options in NJ which are a 20-30 minute drive. Absolutely Fish, Iconic Aquariums would be the ones I would go to. I have been to a few others, but their names escape me.
We cover a similar foot print lol. I work on 34th and 10th but I haven't been to Manhattan Aquariums yet. I look forward to checking it out!

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 town over about 15 minutes away
Lovely Pets in Quincy MA

paraletho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closest is about 65 miles Misha’s Pets in Sulphur La. . All the rest are in Houston 105 to 120 miles Fish Just Wonderful, Oceanlife,and That Aquarium Place. Usually purchase equipment and drygoods online but when it comes to livestock I like to get upclose and personal.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elegant Reef for LRS food, Tunze Products, and Ecotech 7.7 miles, and then Saltyfish Aquariums for salt and misc. 4.1 miles. I sell my corals at Texas Tropical and has been open since 1991 at 11 miles

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones near me worth mentioning are:
Aquarium Village - 5 miles ( very good shop that's been around for years )
Pets Warehouse - 10 miles ( they have a few locations, I've been to two of the closest ones, it's like a Petco the only difference is a great salt water section with people who know what they are doing )
Advanced Marine Aquatics - 12 miles ( IMHO the best shop around here and my job is just minutes away so I'm there more often )
Tropical Island Aquariums - 17 miles ( the furthest of the bunch I visit but worth the trip )
Including the ones above there are 8 shops within a 30 min drive of where I live.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closest store to me is 9 miles away but that's not where I shop. For coral I go to the by far the best shop in Colorado, Aquatic Art, which is 31 miles away and well worth the drive. For fish, Neptune's Tropical Fish which is 29 miles away and Aquatic Art.

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something Fishy, Northampton PA is 80mi/1hr 30mins from me. That's the "good one". Worth the travel. lots of dry goods in stock. Great selection of frags, colonies and fish.
There is a closer "not so good one" 40mi/45mins that I stop by when I'm in the neighborhood to see what they got.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back