Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a flow meter would be nice where did You install?

6b6781aebcf852639381ae37a0ba3404.jpg

The manifold essentially has 4 ball valves with the last being the return. I put the flow meter there. I'm considering getting a second for my reactor as that does slow over time so it would be good to see it's flow

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a dedicated pump. I need every GPH I can out of my main pump.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6b6781aebcf852639381ae37a0ba3404.jpg

The manifold essentially has 4 ball valves with the last being the return. I put the flow meter there. I'm considering getting a second for my reactor as that does slow over time so it would be good to see it's flow

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks At the end gives you an idea of how much turn over You have .

Mag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my set up nothing fancy but it dose the job
upload_2018-6-21_6-25-11.jpeg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks At the end gives you an idea of how much turn over You have .

Yep, I'm more concerned about DT turnover than what goes through the reactors so I put the flow meter there. Since it is part of fusion I can easily see if the flow has been reduced for some reason.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a separate DC pump powering my external skimmer and manifold system. The return pump just returns water to the tank.

However what I did was plumb them in a way where I can take one pump offline (cleaning, it broke, etc) and by simply opening a few valves I can run the entire system off of one pump if needed.

Redundancy!

I'm contemplating this option as well. New in the game though. How would you achieve that? The manifold pump would be T'd off to the return plumbing with a quality ball valve? I guess the return line would itself half to have a ball valve to ensure water doesn't flow into the pump? Thinking out loud here... Kind thanks!

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a manifold with the return pump. So far, all I feed is the refugium. Not the best in my Op would rather use raw water for that. However my situation needed the compromise. Just remember everyu piece of equipment one uses takes away from the turn over rate.
HPIM9215.JPG

Contemplating myself feeding the refugium using a manifold off the return line. What was the big downside for you? What do you mean by "raw water"? Cheers & thx

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm contemplating this option as well. New in the game though. How would you achieve that? The manifold pump would be T'd off to the return plumbing with a quality ball valve? I guess the return line would itself half to have a ball valve to ensure water doesn't flow into the pump? Thinking out loud here... Kind thanks!

I designed the plumbing like a capital 'H' - both pumps sit next to one another. There are 5 total ball valves, one above each pump, then the two 'T' PVC pipes pointed at one another to make the middle of the 'H' - with a ball valve in the middle. Then another ball valve above each of the 'T' PVC pipes.

Normally, the middle ball valve is closed and the two valves on each of the legs of the 'H' are open, feeding the manifold and aquarium.

When I need to take one off for maintenance, I close the valve above the pump in question and open the middle valve.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back