Votes: 48 6.2%

• Total voters

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a member ask for a poll on how often members visit their Local Fish Store (LFS). We did one a few months ago on distance to your LFS and the majority vote was 1-10 miles. So let's see how often people are making that trip.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately never. I drive out of my way to go to other fish stores or visit matt at Boom Corals because my local one is horrible. I cannot to this day fathom how she's able to stay in business. The place is filthy, her fish look horrible, and the corals are always closed up and upset looking, and I never see anybody in there when I drive past. Super nice lady, and don't get me wrong, I want her business to make it, but it doesn't appear that she takes care of anything.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS isn't local enough or I would go more often. Its only around 20 miles away and is a really nice store. The problem is the traffic. At the most convenient time for me to go, after work, it would take me over an hour to get home with the rush hour traffic. That makes Saturdays the only practical option. They get shippments in on Tuesday/Wednesday and by Saturday anything I would have been interested in is gone. I typically only go when I need to stock up on LRS or PE Mysis.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 within 10 minutes from my job, two one down the road.

I go at lunch time to give me something to do or to destress a bit. I go maybe biweekly or alternate one store a week. I don't always go to look for something to buy, but one never know.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was in Florida my lfs was a couple blocks away so I was there at the least weekly. Since I've moved to Tennessee I've been a few times but his prices are high so I do most of my shopping and browsing online. I do miss the Florida fish stores.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my lfs and I go weekly and sometimes more often. I do some specialized work for them. They treat us like family. It’s great.

harley3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was almost weekly until they closed a few months back due to the other business they shared space with needing to expand very quickly. It sucks there is no store front now but I am still in touch with the guys and they can get me whatever I need.

PEP12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go weekly to pick up live feeder shrimp as my jaw fish and marine beta loves it, got to keep them happy, also like to see what if any new coral arrivals, and a general chat to the staff to keep up with anything new coming, I get looked after there and it is only a 10min drive and will continue to do so.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is DD and WWC? What do you look for on eBay? I’m getting back into the hobby
DD is Divers Den from Live Aquaria. It is their true in-house stock. If you order from the regular Live Aquaria site it comes from a wholesaler in California.

WWC is World Wide Corals. They run Ebay auctions and are one of my preferred coral providers.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks. So DD is best to buy from ?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back