Votes: 67 13.1%

• Total voters

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owned a collecting station in Hawaii for 10 years. Dove 5 days a week, 5 tanks a day collecting fish for export. Deepest dive ever .......251 feet on a single 80 cube bottle. Off the drop many Tinkeri Butterflies, flame wrasse, and Holo Holo angels(Banded angels). At 250 feet, looks pretty much like the Moon, just boulders the size of cruise ships with almost no growth, very "odd" looking fish. no color at all at that depth.

Pretty amazing breathing doing 251 on that tank including deco stops my friend. I applaud that for sure.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one in Belize.
Blue Hole.jpg

That is awesome. I didn't catch that one when I was there. Was on a liveaboard for a week.

I did do Dahab, Egypt Blue hole. The posted signs of those perished commanded respect. :(

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(lol)
Too ;Oldman

But... Skydiving is still on the bucket list

giphy.gif

:)

Everyone that even thinks they want to should jump at least once, it's pretty fun!

I've been pretty fortunate to have some adventures along the way, years of skydiving every weekend, and scuba diving as well.
Both were a blast, but I think my neighbors appreciated the scuba or snorkeling better, at BBQ time!

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to go snorkeling!! Is there a thread on here for first timers because I have no clue where to go haha but I know there is plenty of places down here in so cal

Looks like you are in Palm Springs, maybe hit one of the protected coves around San Diego, La Jolla is beautiful w/ protected sanctuary's and lots of sea life.
Usually I advise to start in Summer when water is warm and usually calm, and I highly recommend snorkeling when the leopard sharks are breeding in Summer around La Jolla, they are as shallow as 5' deep, it's a must see IMO, hundreds or leopard sharks around you, all perfectly harmless. They do kayak tours as well.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty amazing breathing doing 251 on that tank including deco stops my friend. I applaud that for sure.

Truly! Speaks to @14 foot reef 's skills. There was a guy that went by the name "Dr Deep" that died trying to do a similar dive a couple of years ago. I can't imagine how hard that was. On our dive to 140 feet we had 7 minutes at our max depth. Fortunately we didn't go in to deco but still did a 15 minute safety stop. I surfaced with 300 psi.

That is awesome. I didn't catch that one when I was there. Was on a liveaboard for a week.

I did do Dahab, Egypt Blue hole. The posted signs of those perished commanded respect. :(

I've read about that Blue Hole. There is a video taken from the camera of a guy who died trying to do a solo bounce dive there. He was alive when he reached bottom as I recall.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly! Speaks to @14 foot reef 's skills. There was a guy that went by the name "Dr Deep" that died trying to do a similar dive a couple of years ago. I can't imagine how hard that was. On our dive to 140 feet we had 7 minutes at our max depth. Fortunately we didn't go in to deco but still did a 15 minute safety stop. I surfaced with 300 psi.

I've read about that Blue Hole. There is a video taken from the camera of a guy who died trying to do a solo bounce dive there. He was alive when he reached bottom as I recall.

It does indeed on 14 foot reef.

I can get 4 good one-hour dives out of my 100 doubles. lol.

Diving 250 or deeper my CCR is used.

Ref 'Dahab'
Not sure if I'm thinking of the same one of the camera guy, but I've seen and heard the video from his dive but he died. The signs around there of those losing life makes one think.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back