(POLL) Tell us what do you test on regular?

Which param do you religiously check?

  • Ammonia

    Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Nitrite

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Nitrate

    Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Calcium

    Votes: 62 56.4%
  • Alkalinity

    Votes: 94 85.5%
  • Magnesium

    Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Boron

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phosphate

    Votes: 44 40.0%
  • Iron

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Iodine

    Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Silica

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strontium

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pH

    Votes: 37 33.6%
  • ORP

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Temperature

    Votes: 62 56.4%
  • Salinity

    Votes: 68 61.8%

  • Total voters
    110
  • Poll closed .
I am about 2 months in on a larger tank start. While I was checking ammonia, Nitrite and nitrate every other day, now, as I am getting ready to add in 2 part dosing, I am testing Cal, Mg and alkalinity along with pH, Nitrate and Phos every other day. I wan't to "unvote" salinity, because I do spot check it, but with my ATO, I don;t check it often unless I see an issue (like my ATO emptier than I expected the other day when a float stuck).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new