Poll: What water pressure runs through your RODI?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

What us your water pressure throughout your RODI system?

  • <40 psi

    Votes: 38 4.6%
  • 40-60 psi

    Votes: 285 34.8%
  • 60-80 psi

    Votes: 251 30.6%
  • 80-90 psi

    Votes: 108 13.2%
  • 90-100 psi

    Votes: 60 7.3%
  • >100 psi

    Votes: 18 2.2%
  • Yes - I use a booster pump

    Votes: 149 18.2%
  • No- I do not use a booster pump

    Votes: 174 21.2%

  • Total voters
    820
I run 60-80 psi without a booster pump on city water. It keeps up with 3 tanks (34g, 54g, 125g) so I don’t see the need in getting a booster pump yet.
 
I run two carbon blocks in series at incoming water pressure first, then into the booster pump. This cleans the Chloramines out and also provides a very clean, sediment free water to the booster pump for longer life. From the booster pump into RO membranes(staging). Final stage is the DI resins.
 
Booster pump running at
 
Booster pump running at 125psi on 300 gpd unit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new