Which pumps would you get for Waterbox 65.4

• Total voters

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I’m new to this hobby and was curious which power head all of you with experience might recommend? My tank is a Waterbox 65.4 aio. The display measures roughly 4’ long by 15” deep and 17” tall.

I am planning to order some very soon and I have been looking at options based a lot on functionality along with budget. I figured 2, one on each end. My choices are Nero 5 or 3, ice cap 2k gyre, or maxpect xf330 and maxpect jump gyre 2k.
I hope to have a little bit of everything at some point but definitely starting out, I’m thinking fish, soft and lps corals. I know everyone loves mp 40s but the price is a bit high for me right now. Any advice welcome. Thanks!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m biased towards gyres. I just love having such a wide flow. Also I’m going to be running two xf330s via my hydros wave engine so...........that explains my vote

twwety

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'de vote for 1 strong gyre pump on the 1 side probably the least displayed side. My 4 foot tank gets flow across the top down the opposite side then back across the bottom with enough force to kick up sand after 10 feet of travel.

twwety

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do 2 if you wanted to only have 1 on at a time to vary up which direction the flow goes. But both on would just push against each other and defeat their purpose. Mine is I think 4000ish gph and at half speed it adds plenty of flow to the tank so you should be fine with the 2000gph ones.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back