Polyp Lab Medic. :(

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same thing in a previous tank with a powder blue and 4 other tangs. Clear going in and two days later everyone was covered. I decided to take a more "natural" approach you could say and just started loading food with Selcon. Ich may still be in my tank but apparently its in everyone no matter what you do. Not a single fish or the 6 I've added since then have shown any signs.
I firmly believe that this is the best route, do everything you can to give the fish themselves a boost instead of attacking the ich (which there is no method for doing this that isnt stressful for the fish). Not reef related but I found the same to be true with livestock. Im out in the country and own a small ranch. I noticed that everyone who medicates and vaccinates their livestock is constantly chasing illnesses, and have highish mortality rates so I decided to abstain entirely. The only medical treatment I gave my animals was better food if I saw symptoms and isolation if the illness looked severe (mostly to protect them since herd/flock animals tend to beat on the sick ones more) never lost an animal due to illness and never saw the boogeyman illnesses that you'd see people panicking about on farming forums. Same goes for fish, never lost one due to illness.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back