Polyp Lab Medic. :(

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $40 for the bottle and with an outbreak of velvet, MEDIC cleared my issue in 3-4 days and save a couple of thousand dollars of fish and was safe with my coral and worth every penny. I thought it was expensive until it performed and saved a lot of livestock.
@vetteguy53081 how many gallons does this small bottle (30 ml) treat and for how long ?

Is one bottle enough for the whole treatment for a 75 gallons tank ?

Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@vetteguy53081 how many gallons does this small bottle (30 ml) treat and for how long ?

Is one bottle enough for the whole treatment for a 75 gallons tank ?

Thanks
1.5 scoops will treat 75 gallons. There should be enough for several treatments but realize it wont work immediately as it is low level dose comprised of peroxide salts

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.5 scoops will treat 75 gallons. There should be enough for several treatments but realize it wont work immediately as it is low level dose comprised of peroxide salts
@vetteguy53081 The instructions say 1 scoop per 50 gallons, 3 times a day if bad, for 10 to 20 days. If one scoop is 5 ml and there are 30 ml in a bottle, that means the bottle would last 2 days.

So I would need 10 bottles to treat for 20 days, or 5 for 10 days. At 54$ CAD per bottle, that’s 270$ or 540$ for the treatment… And that’s only about 70% of my required dose.

That makes no sense at all, which is why I asked.

So you’re saying 1,5 scoop one shot for 2 days would do it ?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@vetteguy53081 The instructions say 1 scoop per 50 gallons, 3 times a day if bad, for 10 to 20 days. If one scoop is 5 ml and there are 30 ml in a bottle, that means the bottle would last 2 days.

So I would need 10 bottles to treat for 20 days, or 5 for 10 days. At 54$ CAD per bottle, that’s 270$ or 540$ for the treatment… And that’s only about 70% of my required dose.

That makes no sense at all, which is why I asked.

So you’re saying 1,5 scoop one shot for 2 days would do it ?
I did the treatment daily along with Ruby Rally Pro. 3X a day would yes be a fortune. 1.5 scoops per day will be several days and I diluted it in a pill bottle with tank water and added to water flow, and Remove Carbon

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the treatment daily along with Ruby Rally Pro. 3X a day would yes be a fortune. 1.5 scoops per day will be several days and I diluted it in a pill bottle with tank water and added to water flow, and Remove Carbon
@vetteguy53081 Thanks !

Once the treatment is completed with Polyp Lab Medic in the display tank, do you think it’s okay to add fish ?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@vetteguy53081 Thanks !

Once the treatment is completed with Polyp Lab Medic in the display tank, do you think it’s okay to add fish ?
allow 72 hours and assure no signs of heavy breathing, itching, flashing, etc

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$36 dollars for that little bottle?

Just buy some peroxide for $1 and put that on a doser instead. dang.
Dangerous question, since I cannot catch my blue tang, but how much peroxide should I add, and when? We're talking about a 350 litre (120 gallon) tank.

bbpros2b

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $40 for the bottle and with an outbreak of velvet, MEDIC cleared my issue in 3-4 days and save a couple of thousand dollars of fish and was safe with my coral and worth every penny. I thought it was expensive until it performed and saved a lot of livestock.
Is it safe for anemones?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my experience from ~15-20 years of reefing to manage if ICH got in your tank:

1. Super sized UV, like I mean 25+ watts, maybe higher, go as high as you can. Run it 24/7 for a month, replace the bulb, run it at night 12 hours. Make sure the flow through the UV system is not that high. UV needs time to attack ich.

2. Feed Live Blackworms. If your fish are eating, they'll likely eat blackworms. Turn off the flow and your fish can't help but eat the wiggly morsels. Overfeed a lot and make sure they multiple helpings a day. Your FW store often have these in stock.

3. Run Ozone at night as high as your skimmer can take.

You're reducing ich from the water column and giving your fish immune system a boost. I haven't lost a fish to ich in years now I can't remember the last time I quarantined. Side benefit is that it also often helps manage other diseases if you are running super strong UV and ozone. For example, BJD that plagues LPS coral, lower chance of bacterial infection taking hold.... other things like fungal diseases, etc are all problems in our enclosed super concentrated water column.

If you want to go really extra...
Vacuum out your sand over a few days. Ich will be in the rocks and walls but they love the sand and you're reducing how much surface they get to cover. You can always replace sand, and it might be a good idea anyway.

Research dosing hydrogen peroxide at lights out, it helps with other water column parasites, it might help with ich.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medic is a combination of salts ( It contains a reef-safe oxidizing agent ) and is particularly effective against Marine Ich - Crytopocaryon Irritant as well as velvet and not really a medication and I too have a larger clam in a mixed reef (this tank was 660g) so I got two bottles and followed treatment with Ruby Rally Pro.
Been close to two years and parasite free.
How much time between both?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cant get Ruby Rally in Australia. No one here will pay the licence to import it. Sadly we are left with other less drug related products
Australia - Substitute would be Blue Planet Multi Cure

southeastfishaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate? Please know that you don’t have to, but it would be nice to know the details. I bought two bottles and it did nothing. All of my fish died within a month’s time. I’m not going to lie. If all it takes to sell a product is to say that it does something, but it doesn’t… I’m all in.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you elaborate? Please know that you don’t have to, but it would be nice to know the details. I bought two bottles and it did nothing. All of my fish died within a month’s time. I’m not going to lie. If all it takes to sell a product is to say that it does something, but it doesn’t… I’m all in.
I had luck with it yes but also used it in conjunction with ruby Rally Pro. It raises question. . . was it the MEDIC, the rally or both

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive used ruby rally pro a few times and it helped. I also use seachem metroplex. Its worked for me but theres a lot of controversies on dosing and stuff but I just follow directions on the bottle and worked for me. Dang blue hippo gets a few dots every few months then I use metroplex for a few days and he is good. Only fish that gets it, none of the others every show signs

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back