Polyp Size Comparison Chart?

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever put together a Zoa/Paly polyp size chart? I've searched but never found one. I know common names change over time, but it would be nice to at least have an approximation of the most popular ones so that you know a Safecracker is going to be significantly larger than a Bob Marley and can plan accordingly. Especially when your LFS either don't have many or don't have the ones you want and you have to buy largely online.

(Also, on a purely selfish note, I'd like to plan a tank of all the tiniest polyps just because. Shh, don't tell anyone! :winking-face-with-tongue:)

Just a thought. I'd be willing to organize if everybody would be willing to share the full names and approximate sizes of the full grown Zoas/Palys in your tanks?

What do you think?

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that idea! It may be good to have multiple people report on the same strand (ie. have at least 5 submit sizes for a zoa before it gets added) so you’re reporting the average, rather than one instance. As far as micro Zoas, I love eyegasms; you don’t see them as frequently, but I’m a huge fan of the subtle peach color at the center with the bright orange :)

OP
OP
AtlantiCat

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that idea! It may be good to have multiple people report on the same strand (ie. have at least 5 submit sizes for a zoa before it gets added) so you’re reporting the average, rather than one instance. As far as micro Zoas, I love eyegasms; you don’t see them as frequently, but I’m a huge fan of the subtle peach color at the center with the bright orange :)
That was exactly my thought. Get an average from several people since everything varies in nature and fishtanks. Any polyp with only one or two reporting could have an asterisk indicating a smaller data pool.

I will keep an eye out for the Eyegasms. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back