Poop? Or what is it

  • Thread starter Thread starter jorge0912
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jorge0912

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2016
Messages
800
Reaction score
229
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this brown string coming out of my gold ocstapawn.. it was there for a while and then came off and dispersed into the water went everywhere...
got some pics can anyone tell me what it is.
Lights were off corals were all asleep but I always check on everything rigth before I go to bed




C169C9C3-9FDC-4DD8-A12C-4FD4FD748499.jpeg


B9DBCD66-BBFB-4885-9282-6F958BC82229.jpeg


E6B995EC-BD33-4790-91F8-46099305C967.jpeg


1EDAAA0D-4DF7-4E3B-B6C5-44C09376521F.jpeg
 
Then I may be wrong. Hopefully more will chime in
 
Yes it looks like "poop" to me :D
I rmeebr when I first saw my Duncan's doing this I freaked out, I thought they were dying! But turns out the eat and poop from the same orifice. There is always room for doubt but your coral loos fine to me. Watch the coral it should be fine tomorrow ;)
 
Lol I was freaking out for nothing I guess all them look fine now no brown or anything light arent on yet but I can see them good...
I guess it was poop night for them
 
Euphyllias really shrivel up when they expel waste like this, my gold torch does it a couple of times a month and each time I see it have to do a double take because it really looks stressed out haha
 
Corals still look ticked off but I don’t see any kind of illness
 
Higth up I will move it tommrow towards the bottom it has always been there but never been like that :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new