• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Poor Experience With Midgaar

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Master of Cloak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 3 Radion G5 Blues from @midgaar a couple weeks ago. Communication when purchasing went well and it was overall a pleasant transaction. Upon recovering all three leds I noticed that one of the lights had several diodes out. I contacted the seller and we came to an agreement. He was willing to either have the light fixed by eco tech or have me return the light to him and he would refund the cost of the light and the return shipping. Both seemed reasonable to me but I elected to return the light for a refund as it would take several weeks for me to get the light back from eco tech and I would need to have purchased a replacement light in that time span. After agreeing to this he sent me the address and I told him I would ship it out by Monday (it was Thursday/Friday when we came to this agreement). The next day he changed his mind and offered to give me a partial refund for the light which I declined. He agreed to sending back the led for a refund and asked me to ship by Monday. A couple hours later he messaged me again saying he has changed his mind about how he wanted to handle the return again. This time he told me he would either have the broken led (which he had stated had no issues) fixed by eco tech or I could return all the leds. He stated he would not cover return shipping as most companies don’t offer free return shipping. He failed to understand that companies don’t send customers broken products and when they do the customers can return the products at no cost to them. I looked up BRS’ policy and sent it to him as an example. He then argued with me stating that he did me a favor selling the leds to me and that he gave me a good discount so he shouldn’t have to cover return shipping on his falsely advertised product. Essentially I spent $75 to buy some broken lights and ship them back for a refund. Overall this seller has no idea as to the quality and condition of his items. He is extremely indecisive, inconsiderate and selfish. He changed the terms of our agreement multiple times. I would recommend you stay away from this seller unless you are locally purchasing from him and can test the items prior to leaving with them as you will likely lose money if he sends you a defective product.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 128 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back