Poor Nexus Split?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I'm going to be getting a Nexus Burst Anemone that is practically a perfect 50/50 Rainbow/Red and Green Anemone. My question is, has anyone ever tragically had a Nexus split to where you were just left with a plain ol Rainbow BTA and Green BTA?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I'm going to be getting a Nexus Burst Anemone that is practically a perfect 50/50 Rainbow/Red and Green Anemone. My question is, has anyone ever tragically had a Nexus split to where you were just left with a plain ol Rainbow BTA and Green BTA?

seems to be a consensual feeling of it not being a true graft. Probably not likely it would split back into two specimens.

Upvote 0

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the people who initiated this line tried their best to manually split the clones. That is why some clones are more expensive than others. The nearer to 50/50 the more expensive, especially with multiple area of green and red. At least that is how I would price them if I have them.

Upvote 0

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with one that was almost a perfect 50/50 split around a year or so ago and now have 7 or 8 of them. There are at least 3 which are completely green/teal colored and the rest are a mix of both. I have yet to get an all orange one.

The splits are completely random and each one is subject to further change if splitting again. The original one I have that was about 50/50 at the start is more like 75/25 green/orange now.

When the split they seem to tear wherever they tear and that is what you get - I have never cut one so can't speak to that

IMG_0685.jpg

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back