Porcelain crab

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love these little crabs. When I first saw this particular specimen in the shop tank it was pale and stressed but now it looks completely amazing (and a lot bigger too!). Please share pictures of your porcelain crabs too. :)

Swipes290919.png

Regards

Lisa

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice colorful one.
Gorgeous specimen!

Thanks! I think porcelain crabs are fascinating creatures. :)

I'm surprised no one else has shared a picture. What about the species that associate with anemones? I thought those were commonly kept. I would love to see some more photos posted.

Regards

Lisa

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love these little crabs. When I first saw this particular specimen in the shop tank it was pale and stressed but now it looks completely amazing (and a lot bigger too!). Please share pictures of your porcelain crabs too. :)

Swipes290919.png

Regards

Lisa

That’s a cracking looking crab Lisa, am regretting not getting one myself wend I had a chance ☹️

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what mine eats, but he shares this coral with a pair of Clownfish

IMG_0321.jpg

Nice! I don't know exactly what mine eats either, lol. But she's grown a lot since introduction so whatever she's eating it must be enough.

Regards

Lisa

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have at least three that were hitchhikers on my TBS rock. They are huge now after two years. I only ever see them after lights out, however.

So lucky to get three as hitchhikers, I had to purchase mine. :p I'm fortunate though in that my crab has lived in the same area of the tank since introduction so I always know where to look for her.

Regards

Lisa

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Swipes290919.png

Regards

Lisa
That's the most beautiful crab I've ever seen! Please share more pics.

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the most beautiful crab I've ever seen! Please share more pics.

Well that's probably the best photo I've taken of her in almost 2.5 years, she likes to hang out in the shadows so not ideal for photography. I do have an old video taken with my phone however, it's not the greatest quality sadly.

Porcelain crab feeding

Oh and I have some scary alien shots of her shed exoskeleton. :p

Swipes2080717.jpg

Swipes4080717.jpg

Swipes080717.jpg

Not exactly what you had in mind I'm sure. ;Shamefullyembarrased

Regards

Lisa

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any problems with these guys eating anything in their tank...? Was looking to add a nice little crab or something to my tank that has been fallow for sometime..

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely not, totally reef safe imo. I’ve had mine for over 3.5 years now and it’s never even gone anywhere near a coral let alone eat one. :)

Swipes150121.png

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely not, totally reef safe imo. I’ve had mine for over 3.5 years now and it’s never even gone anywhere near a coral let alone eat one. :)

Swipes150121.png
Its beautiful.... do you just have one? How large is your tank / what are you feeding?!

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I just have the one, unfortunately. For the first 2.5+ years or so she lived in a Red Sea Reefer 170 (170l approx) and then she was transferred over to a DD Reef Pro 1200 (365l approx) and she's been in there for almost year. In my experience they pick a suitable 'filtering' spot and don't move, so it's always easy to find them. I feed a wide variety of foods (because I keep NPS too), the regular frozen fish food plus Reefroids and other foods for filter feeders etc. I couldn't say exactly what she eats, she just hangs out and filters whatever floats past. :D

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back