porcupine pufferfish weird behavior

Noob_Sam

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2020
Messages
186
Reaction score
121
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

I bought this porcupine pufferfish 3 days ago. He was at my LFS for around 2 months and was on a dry krill (Tetra brand) diet. The water is medicated thus there was no need for me to QT him. At first, he was very energetic swimming across the tank, coming up to me when I approached the tank. But since yesterday he found a place on the live rock to nap all day. I understand they are nocturnal but he didn't bother coming up to eat.

I fed him today after I put my hand in the tank and showed him the food. He took a bite. Everyone in the tank is a long-member and all are doing well.

I am feeding him frozen shrimp for Costco and will include a picture. I am just worried about the sudden change of behavior.

Water parameters-

Salinity - 1.024
Ph- 7.9
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate - 5.0
Temperature - 78 C
 

Attachments

Here is an image of him the video did not go through I guess. Right now he is hang out in the right corner of the aquarium facing the front glass near the wavemaker.

Screen Shot 2024-09-21 at 1.13.30 PM.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new