Possible Battlecorals Grow out contest!

Would you be interested in participating in a Battlecorals grow out contest?

• Total voters

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the rules for a previous grow out.

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Abro is a real skills tester, getting it to color is a whole different task :)

10/10, cannot get mine to color. Growth is vastly encrusting to nearly 4" in diameter but it's just a biggo green blob and a 2" totem pole.

What does it take for this thing to get purple!?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Game for whatever, but would love to see a Bleeding Tree grow out @Battlecorals everyone needs an abro

cool! yeah, the Tree is on the list for sure, and it's really, super hardy now. Been with me about 9 years now and a few generations deep now in my own facility.:) I have a list of about 7 or 8 now that would all make great contestants.

The one real snag with picking possible contenders is that I need a couple of larger well-established colonies that I can get 25-50 frags or equal size from. This eliminates a lot of the super high-demand "high-enders" unfortunately. But the good news is I still have a trove of super impressive-looking long captive pieces to pull from.

We will NOT repeat NOT, be growing out frags off some super finicky wild colony, fresh off the boat.

I will have a list of contenders this week guaranteed, but I think I will start a new thread in my forum. We'll have to establish some basic rules as well. I am very ok with using the last grow-out as a model for this one as it went quite well.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleeding tree sounds like a good one. When i order my battlebox, for whatever reason that is the one that did not make it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back