Possible Dinos and corals mad!

Ok! Was not a hundred percent sure about the Dinos ID but I feel that certain things point to Dinos and others to diatoms, I am going to order a microscope today for a positive Id, because I don’t want to turn off my lights until I am certain. Until I get it should i continue the hydrogen peroxide?
Edit: ordered the microscope, getting here in 2 days, should I do anything in that time?
 
Last edited:
I did the jar test and there is a strand of Dino’s growing in there…
IMG_0908.jpeg
 
I know, but the pics are pretty bad and I am going to hopefully get a positive I’d today
How old is your tank?? Looks like diatoms to me which can last up to 3 months but will eventually go away...
 
is this Dinos!!! My Xenia coral is shriveled, and my Zoas and mushrooms aren’t too happy, it was in smaller amounts a couple of days ago and now it has grown to larger amounts it is just barely growing on the glass now except for that, it is only in the sand bed.
IMG_0902.jpeg
IMG_0903.jpeg
IMG_0904.jpeg
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0899.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg
Its appears to be but pics, not the best quality (blurry) but you have the plan to beat them
 
Definitely get a microscope. Spend an extra hundred and get a mechanical stage. 1000x will not do you any good. 100x will ID their movement and 400x will give you a nice closeup. I got a Swift 350T for a couple hundred. This is Coolia at 400x.

Screenshot_20230918_194327_Gallery.jpg
 
Last edited:
I got one, I have another thread with them under a microscope
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new