Possible Disease Death??

saltypepper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone came home to feed my fish in QT 10 gallon and found one dead. Ammonia is at 0.11 ppm. I was dosing PraziPro at half a teaspoon for flukes found in a freshwater dip when I first received them 14 days ago. Ran them in copper power for 10 days then switch to a new 10 gallon and was running PraziPro now. Do a complete water change every 2 days.

Can anyone ID any disease on this guy?

IMG_0755.jpeg

OP
OP
saltypepper

saltypepper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 total days but how much time from being normal, to dead…..days….overnight….a few hours.

Quick deaths of fish can be the result of a dispute.
Thanks for the clarification Good this morning at 4:30 when I left and dead at 4:00 this afternoon so almost 12 hours

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone came home to feed my fish in QT 10 gallon and found one dead. Ammonia is at 0.11 ppm. I was dosing PraziPro at half a teaspoon for flukes found in a freshwater dip when I first received them 14 days ago. Ran them in copper power for 10 days then switch to a new 10 gallon and was running PraziPro now. Do a complete water change every 2 days.

IMG_0755.jpeg
Can't tell from a 'dead' picture - however, a 10 day copper treatment is not enough - so I might suggest ich or velvet - the prazipro requires higher oxygenation. Beyond this - its a guess - except your ammonia is quite borderline - its near toxic levels depending on the pH etc of the QT water

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS no clue what prazipro at 1/2 teaspoon means. etc.

OP
OP
saltypepper

saltypepper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has a HOB and an air stone in the tank so it has high oxygenation. There has been no sign of ich or Velcro on this fish or any other fish in the tank so I don’t think it’s that.
Can't tell from a 'dead' picture - however, a 10 day copper treatment is not enough - so I might suggest ich or velvet - the prazipro requires higher oxygenation. Beyond this - its a guess - except your ammonia is quite borderline - its near toxic levels depending on the pH etc of the QT water

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s the dosage. The bottle says 1 teaspoon per 20 gallons ( tanks is 10 gal) so I was just getting the doesage out of the way incase some one asked.
So lets assume its not a disease (like ich or velvet - for which a different quarantine protocol could have been helpful) - my answer is a toxic ammonia condition.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

IMG_0755.jpeg
Prazi Pro should not have but increasing oxygen with use beneficial. These guys have had problems long term and often make it 3-4 years. They also startle easily and get injured. Can be an array of issues. What prompted use of praziPro?

OP
OP
saltypepper

saltypepper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi Pro should not have but increasing oxygen with use beneficial. These guys have had problems long term and often make it 3-4 years. They also startle easily and get injured. Can be an array of issues. What prompted use of praziPro?
They had flukes. When I first got them I did a freshwater dip to check for flukes and flukes peeled off them. That’s why I did copper first then PraziPro later.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 100 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back