Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, enough funny stuff. Picked up some corals at the lfs.

Also got a ton of old led lights that have one issue or another. Plan is to fix them and use them for the macro grow out.

3 rainbow mini maxi, brownie acro, peach wall hammer. The brownie I love, as you never know why you will get. It has some slight yellow and pink tints. They are about to get dipped and then out into the 10 gallon qt.

1DB2FE88-D399-4CB7-88DE-E1D503B02A6A.jpeg

C45D20AA-B93E-4CB3-8E25-34C62C20FB60.jpeg

5FE6BF78-9E5C-433C-877C-84B4C53778AF.jpeg

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw you mentioned you're running 8 bulb T5 around 12K?
What bulb color combo are you using?
I need to order 8 new bulbs for mine.
I was looking at a combo of 3x Actinic blue, 3x Aqua blue coral & 2x Super actinic.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw you mentioned you're running 8 bulb T5 around 12K?
What bulb color combo are you using?
I need to order 8 new bulbs for mine.
I was looking at a combo of 3x Actinic blue, 3x Aqua blue coral & 2x Super actinic.
2x ATI Blue Plus
1x ATI Coral Plus
4x ATI Aquablue Special
1x ATI Purple Plus

Lined out like this.
-ABS
-B+
-ABS
-P+
-C+
-ABS
-B+
-ABS

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the opportunity has not arisen to use it yet.
I recently did this. My nem took 26 hours to crawl up the pipe. Its out of the fuge and in the nem tank now. :)

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update. All is doing well. Made some changes to the macro tank and about to make changes to the coral frag tank.

Macro tank had sand bed removed. I plan to wash it and put some back in. Had a booboo with my tub of mud and a powerhead. Oops. Note to self: make sure not to bump gyre magnet and knock off. Then gyre will not fall into mud tub and send mud everywhere. It was a mess. Luckily I just threw the macro in a tub, drained all the water and removed all of the sand. Then shop vac cleaned it out. Thankfully i have 500 gallons of water on hand at any point in time. Took longer to find my my long house to go from the garage tanks to the fish barn lol.

The macro tank will also be getting some new/old lights. Redid some old sb reef lights to have a more plant based spectrum and am going to throw 2x 32” ones over it.

The frag tank will move to led/T5, as opposed to just T5. Heat is starting to become an issue with the additional tanks, acrylic not being as heat dissipating as glass and the fact the frag tank is eurobraced. It also doesn’t help the lights are only 7-8” off the water.

The plan is to use some modified sb reef lights that I changed the leds to include more uv, a couple mint and removed the soft whites on. Those will then be supplemented with either 2 or 4 T5 bulbs. It will also allow me to keep high par and still get the lights further away from the water.

All that is to happen this weekend. Have nothing else to do and don’t have parts for where I exploded the turbo on the red Volvo yet, so fish barn weekend it is.

I will leave y’all with some freaky rfas. 2 decided to spawn and then the rest in that tub and the 2 other tubs all hopped in on the spawn bus. Hoping for babies!!!!!

The acrylic is crystal clear lol. They got nasty.
ACADDF20-4F31-4064-98B2-AC812400C8FF.jpeg

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update. All is doing well. Made some changes to the macro tank and about to make changes to the coral frag tank.

Macro tank had sand bed removed. I plan to wash it and put some back in. Had a booboo with my tub of mud and a powerhead. Oops. Note to self: make sure not to bump gyre magnet and knock off. Then gyre will not fall into mud tub and send mud everywhere. It was a mess. Luckily I just threw the macro in a tub, drained all the water and removed all of the sand. Then shop vac cleaned it out. Thankfully i have 500 gallons of water on hand at any point in time. Took longer to find my my long house to go from the garage tanks to the fish barn lol.

The macro tank will also be getting some new/old lights. Redid some old sb reef lights to have a more plant based spectrum and am going to throw 2x 32” ones over it.

The frag tank will move to led/T5, as opposed to just T5. Heat is starting to become an issue with the additional tanks, acrylic not being as heat dissipating as glass and the fact the frag tank is eurobraced. It also doesn’t help the lights are only 7-8” off the water.

The plan is to use some modified sb reef lights that I changed the leds to include more uv, a couple mint and removed the soft whites on. Those will then be supplemented with either 2 or 4 T5 bulbs. It will also allow me to keep high par and still get the lights further away from the water.

All that is to happen this weekend. Have nothing else to do and don’t have parts for where I exploded the turbo on the red Volvo yet, so fish barn weekend it is.

I will leave y’all with some freaky rfas. 2 decided to spawn and then the rest in that tub and the 2 other tubs all hopped in on the spawn bus. Hoping for babies!!!!!

Light go out and they go to town. What kinda fish barn you running there :D

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Steve do nems spawn in moon cycles?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve do nems spawn in moon cycles?
We have yet to figure that out. My lights are strictly on and off on this tank and are ramp up and down for the same amount of time on the others. So far, I cannot put 2 and 2 together. At least with RFA or warty sea nems. The wartys spawned a week ago and they get light from a a cheap fw light on a timer. They are nps and are typically found under rocks and in no light. Trying to track them now as well.

In short, something drives it, but no idea what.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have yet to figure that out. My lights are strictly on and off on this tank and are ramp up and down for the same amount of time on the others. So far, I cannot put 2 and 2 together. At least with RFA or warty sea nems. The wartys spawned a week ago and they get light from a a cheap fw light on a timer. They are nps and are typically found under rocks and in no light. Trying to track them now as well.

In short, something drives it, but no idea what.
I was just wondering since I seem to have read about a lot of spawning happening in the last week, and there was a full moon recently.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering since I seem to have read about a lot of spawning happening in the last week, and there was a full moon recently.
It could be, but i have had spawns nowhere near a full moon, so no clue lol. I am almost to the point of just letting things be and stop noting it lol. Tons of notes and the only thing left to do is a board with notes and strings like in those movies with people obsessed with something. Wife would think I am crazy then. Well more crazy than usual.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be, but i have had spawns nowhere near a full moon, so no clue lol. I am almost to the point of just letting things be and stop noting it lol. Tons of notes and the only thing left to do is a board with notes and strings like in those movies with people obsessed with something. Wife would think I am crazy then. Well more crazy than usual.
Orrrr the nerd in me says to get it into an excel file and keep pileing in the info until a pattern emerges, and you win the game.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orrrr the nerd in me says to get it into an excel file and keep pileing in the info until a pattern emerges, and you win the game.
THATS WHERE MOST OF IT IS!!!!!!! Lol.

no patterns, pivots to pull and compare, only thing missing is a macro to do some automation or fancy smancy stuff lol.

BTW, I love excel. Makes my job so much easier and I make pretty things with it that C level persons understand. Pics, graphs, buttons and macros to look at things differently. Basically crayons and construction paper lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THATS WHERE MOST OF IT IS!!!!!!! Lol.

no patterns, pivots to pull and compare, only thing missing is a macro to do some automation or fancy smancy stuff lol.

BTW, I love excel. Makes my job so much easier and I make pretty things with it that C level persons understand. Pics, graphs, buttons and macros to look at things differently. Basically crayons and construction paper lol.
We're in the same world. I would not be able to do my job without a dedicated monitor with two Excel books open. Just NO!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back