Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, excuse the mess. Doing this in my little mini barn for the mowers and such, as there is no room in the garage or in the fish barn.

Built a stand for it. Just a basic 2x4 stand. No shift or wobble, but is still going to be wrapped on 3 sides with 3/4” oak plywood. This should stiffen it up even more. Still have to get the plywood for that, the top and the sump area.

Also did the plumbing and realized I forgot a union for the emergency drain lol. At least that is super simple to add.

Changed up the return piping as well. Used a tee and 3 unions, instead of the compression tee. Had them in a drawer, so why not? Also used an old check valve I had. Tested it and it worked. I will also have siphon holes drilled into the lock line at a hair below water height. Better safe then sorry.

The return piping is some 1” spa flex I had, which will work out nice and allow me to use the simplicity pump with the adaptor that is on it. I figure with only as little head pressure as this will have and it being the biggest one they make, 30% should be enough for a frag tank. Most of the flow will be from the gyres.

OK, now for some pics.

again, ignore the mess lol. And yes, I used a foam cooler to mock up the piping lol. Same width as a 33 gallon, but slightly shorter. Worked great and is easier to move than a glass tank.

E1EF3F41-1369-4132-8489-B6541320AA23.jpeg
0A00EEEC-A0D0-4968-B6AE-E8540A9D0F73.jpeg
A mower barn, garage, and fish barn. Man, I'm slipping up in life.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Travel through the Blue Ridge mountains on your journey... :p SPBLAMMM...:cool:
WP_20210703_16_28_07_Pro.jpg

clown..:rolleyes: pretty though...;)
WP_20210703_16_28_09_Pro.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back