Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like I may be throttling the return with three quarter inch piping, which I would think would increase velocity but velocity is slow.
if an a/c pump yes. Dc no.

Even coming out of pump with 1” and then going to 3/4 at where you tee off would be a huge flow boost. 1.25 or 1.5 flex to a tee would rock. That is how the 180 is. (One of the 2 don’t remember lol. Whatever the largest piece was that screws onto the pump)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/4” piping is the issue. If it was an a/c pump it wouldn’t affect it badly. Dc pumps hate restrictions. 3/4 pipe flows 400 gph with gravity and about 1400 at 100 psi.
Check rog! When is the correct place to have the restriction? Can't run one and a half all the way up and through to the return nozzle.

Best to drop down in size as close to nozzles as possible?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Even coming out of pump with 1” and then going to 3/4 at where you tee off would be a huge flow boost. 1.25 or 1.5 flex to a tee would rock. That is how the 180 is. (One of the 2 don’t remember lol. Whatever the largest piece was that screws onto the pump)
I know what I'm doing this afternoon. Thanks grunt.

Good luck on your collection run! Hopefully you come back with some great stuff.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what I'm doing this afternoon. Thanks grunt.

Good luck on your collection run! Hopefully you come back with some great stuff.
Calling a Major a grunt lol.

For the restriction, think least 90s with small pipe possible. So if you can do 1.25 (or whatever the largest fitting at the pump is) to the tee or wye where it drops to 3/4, that is best. Also, the closer you can get to the returns the better.

Here is a crap sketch in paint for the 180 that does not have an abyzz pump lol.

image.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling a Major a grunt lol.

For the restriction, think least 90s with small pipe possible. So if you can do 1.25 (or whatever the largest fitting at the pump is) to the tee or wye where it drops to 3/4, that is best. Also, the closer you can get to the returns the better.

Here is a crap sketch in paint for the 180 that does not have an abyzz pump lol.

image.jpg
Look at the Oscar 4 recon pt God too good to still be a grunt.

At least when I was in, If you are recon, you are infantry, If you are infantry you are a grunt. Enlisted or commissioned.

When I drove Oscar 8 or maybe 9 at the time, Maddog through Fallujah, he still identified with the grunts.

Term of endearment to my people.

Thanks for the drawing. I've got all the original fittings in the box upstairs. I'll see what the largest outflow option is and go get tubing today.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the Oscar 4 recon pt God too good to still be a grunt.

At least when I was in, If you are recon, you are infantry, If you are infantry you are a grunt. Enlisted or commissioned.

When I drove Oscar 8 or maybe 9 at the time, Maddog through Fallujah, he still identified with the grunts.

Term of endearment to my people.

Thanks for the drawing. I've got all the original fittings in the box upstairs. I'll see what the largest outflow option is and go get tubing today.
I know, but look what me saying that did lol. Got you into a ramble about it moment.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Looks like I'll have to order everything for the 1.25id which is the largest barb possible on the pump.

Neither HD or Lowes have anything over 3/4" by me.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I'll have to order everything for the 1.25id which is the largest barb possible on the pump.

Neither HD or Lowes have anything over 3/4" by me.
Well that sucks.

Try a pool and spa store.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I swear we don't have the same pump. Got all the fittings and tubing. Went 1.25" out of the pump up the back, reduced into a 1" check valve 1" out to the T. Shortened the 3/4" lines so they are almost horizontal.

Pressure and flow seem unchanged to me.

I don't know what's going on man but don't think there's any way this thing will get me enough turnover in the 180.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back