Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still trying to get a kole tang (quarantined) and no luck at all
I hope you manage to quarantine one, do you know why they’re not making it?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not much to report here. Ehhh, not so true.

The new dry rock I added is crap, as expected. It is growing GHA like a boss and it is only on that rock.

NO3 is 5 and PO4 is .08, so I know the rock has bound PO4 and it is fueling algae growth on the rock.

My plan:
- Let GHA grow like mad on new rock.
- Pluck it off once a week.
- Eventually it will go away.

Great thing about the macro/mangrove lagoon, it is a lagoon theme. Snorkeling in mangrove lagoons, there is all kinds of algae everywhere. The GHA has also been helpful for allowing amphipods to thrive a little better than before. The little scorps are loving it. As is the urchin, blue spot seahare and the newly introduced Ocean Surgeonfish.

Yeah, that last one I left out of the collection list. I wanted to make sure it would make it through Hypo/TTM/H2O2, which it did swimmingly lol.

It is still a little shy, as is the slipper dick, but I will try to setup something to take video, so I can get pics of them.

All in all, this is part of new rocks. It is what it is. I will just let things do what they do, as it is hurting nothing.

Or I could go get me some Vibrant and be a big baller. Ha, joke. I never resort to chemical crap to fix thing. When you do this as long as I have, you just let things work out and throw a little elbow grease into helping it along.

As you can see in the pic below, GHA is on new rocks. Rocks that have coralline or color do not have GHA. Just part of it lol.

IMG_7536 2.JPG

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not much to report here. Ehhh, not so true.

The new dry rock I added is crap, as expected. It is growing GHA like a boss and it is only on that rock.

NO3 is 5 and PO4 is .08, so I know the rock has bound PO4 and it is fueling algae growth on the rock.

My plan:
- Let GHA grow like mad on new rock.
- Pluck it off once a week.
- Eventually it will go away.

Great thing about the macro/mangrove lagoon, it is a lagoon theme. Snorkeling in mangrove lagoons, there is all kinds of algae everywhere. The GHA has also been helpful for allowing amphipods to thrive a little better than before. The little scorps are loving it. As is the urchin, blue spot seahare and the newly introduced Ocean Surgeonfish.

Yeah, that last one I left out of the collection list. I wanted to make sure it would make it through Hypo/TTM/H2O2, which it did swimmingly lol.

It is still a little shy, as is the slipper dick, but I will try to setup something to take video, so I can get pics of them.

All in all, this is part of new rocks. It is what it is. I will just let things do what they do, as it is hurting nothing.

Or I could go get me some Vibrant and be a big baller. Ha, joke. I never resort to chemical crap to fix thing. When you do this as long as I have, you just let things work out and throw a little elbow grease into helping it along.

As you can see in the pic below, GHA is on new rocks. Rocks that have coralline or color do not have GHA. Just part of it lol.

IMG_7536 2.JPG
Looks Awesome!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Awesome!
Thanks.

That is the main reason I am not going nuts over it.

It is a mangrove lagoon style tank. In lagoons I snorkel, I see algae on roots and other things. Just part of it.

May end up doing some manual removal today, between calls. In some spots it is a little longer than I want it to be lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slipper dick is now out all the time during the day, but cannot get close to tank to take a pic.

Also, the Ocean Surgeon is out more and more now. Still cannot get that close to the tank before it hides.

Ocean Surgeon has a booboo on its fin, as it decided to buck up to my eilbi angel. All is good now and pecking order is established. Amazing how such a small angel is as tough as they are lol.

@Crabby48 @SaltyT weird how this wrasse has sort of reverted back to the scheme they have when younger. From what I have found, stress can cause this and that is a lot of stress in an 800 mile move, thrown into QT and then into a tank.

But better new is I can now get a top down pic of the black ear. Still runs when phone is at glass, but can snag a pic of it while feeding from above lol.

Sorry for the crap pic, glass is dirty. The mag float wont clean it for some reason. Lazy thing. Plus pic was taken from almost 8' away lol.

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7317.JPG

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slipper dick is now out all the time during the day, but cannot get close to tank to take a pic.

Also, the Ocean Surgeon is out more and more now. Still cannot get that close to the tank before it hides.

Ocean Surgeon has a booboo on its fin, as it decided to buck up to my eilbi angel. All is good now and pecking order is established. Amazing how such a small angel is as tough as they are lol.

@Crabby48 @SaltyT weird how this wrasse has sort of reverted back to the scheme they have when younger. From what I have found, stress can cause this and that is a lot of stress in an 800 mile move, thrown into QT and then into a tank.

But better new is I can now get a top down pic of the black ear. Still runs when phone is at glass, but can snag a pic of it while feeding from above lol.

Sorry for the crap pic, glass is dirty. The mag float wont clean it for some reason. Lazy thing. Plus pic was taken from almost 8' away lol.

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7317.JPG

Nice, I'm down to about four feet with the regal. :)

DSC_0007 (5) (1024x759).jpg

Back