OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know a lot of people that have basically lived with ich in the tank forever. Just low stress tanks.

Not suggesting that by any means, just the thought of having a fallow tank for months seems super defeating to me.

I'd probably go FOWLR and run a lower gravity and possibly low level of copper.
I agree it does sound super defeating. I'm just still stuck on what to do yk? do I quarantine with copper or do nothing and feed them really well and cross my fingers, etc.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it does sound super defeating. I'm just still stuck on what to do yk? do I quarantine with copper or do nothing and feed them really well and cross my fingers, etc.

I mean I was so worried about ich (tang heavy tank and very $$$$ fish) that I would do the following.

Every new fish was QT for 6-8 weeks with Prazi and Copper.

Every coral / snail / etc... would go into a frag tank for the fallow period +.

You have no idea how much coral I lost that way. Even with water from the large tanks autowater changes each day.

I had never seen a positive case of ich in my tank, but I sure looked for it EVERYDAY.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are losing fish, it’s beyond the point where management is an option. Getting the fish out and treating with copper is the best chance at saving them.
Fallow sucks, but it does give a good time for the microbiome in the tank to flourish without disturbance by fish.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do copepods count as invertebrates? I have a dragonet and I need to treat him and I don't know how to feed him during treatment because I've never seen him eat pellets or mysis.
Copepods would be killed by copper. Mandarins are pretty disease resistant, but there is still a risk. Best procedure is to hold one for 76 days with no treatment. Just be sure to have lots of food ready.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back