Possible new clam

Sean Duggan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
272
Reaction score
178
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’ve had a blue maxima clam that’s been in my aquarium since July. It’s doing very well and has been growing on the sand bed. I was thinking about getting another different type of clam but wasn’t sure what type to get. I was looking on algae barn at their selection and I like how they come with those custom rocks. Was just wondering if someone could suggest another type of clam for me that has worked well for you
 
Maxima clams are rock boring. Long term you may want to consider moving it on to a clam rock. A good hardy sand clam species is derasa. They are very forgiving. Just remember all of these species grow pretty large so plan accordingly.
 
Yeah my clam was on a rock but had to be moved while trying to get a problem tang out of my tank. Only been in the sand for like a week and I’m waiting for the clam rocks on algae barn to be back in stock unless you know of another possible place to get them. And I was thinking about the dersa or possibly the squimossa. I want something with a little bit of yellow
 
Okay so if I get a squamosa it can go directly on sand bed without any problems
 
Okay sweet just ordered a clam rock from pristine rocks for my maxima and will talk to my LFS about getting a squamosa
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new