Possible to have too many pods?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2015
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
6,327
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my display is fallow right now except for corals, cuc and cleaner shrimp. When I look in my tank at night, there are swarms of reddish tinted pods that swim up to the light. It's getting to the point where there are hundreds of them. Since there is nothing in there to eat them, I just hope there is nothing to worry about.
 
I don't see why it would be bad. Just more cleaners. And a healthy food supply when u do get fish:-)
 
You can never have too many. Just make sure you feed them
 
I'm not sure but I would say they are eating fine. Or you would not have them. I don't think extra food is necessary. Jmo. Dont mean to contradict you reefwiser
 
Never bad. Let those nasty filthy critters breed till there is no end. At night I use a red flashlight and you can see thousands of pods and mysis running around rioting.
 
The pod population will self regulate based on the food sources in the system. If there are no predators the population will grow pretty quick.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new