Possible upgrade from L1 Vectra to Abyzz

Eengmd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently my vectra sits externally connected via a 1.5 inch bulkhead. The vectra powers a manifold feeding a few reactors, a ATs and return to my 300 gallon mixed reef. I was considering one of the two abyzz pumps. I have a few questions for those more experienced in return pumps.

1. Would I be hurting the abyzz by running a 1.5 inch intake?
2. Which abyzz model should I get (200 vs 400)?
3. Does anyone run boost mode continuously on the abyzz?

Thanks for any input.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently my vectra sits externally connected via a 1.5 inch bulkhead. The vectra powers a manifold feeding a few reactors, a ATs and return to my 300 gallon mixed reef. I was considering one of the two abyzz pumps. I have a few questions for those more experienced in return pumps.

1. Would I be hurting the abyzz by running a 1.5 inch intake?
2. Which abyzz model should I get (200 vs 400)?
3. Does anyone run boost mode continuously on the abyzz?

Thanks for any input.

Sorry for the long wait.

For some guidance go into the below link and read on until you get to post #36

There is no Vectra that can even come close to what an Abyzz A200 can do, so the A400 would not be needed. The Abyzz pumps head pressure is amazing

Pushing the A100 (110-gallon reef, purring along at 57%) and have a friend on here pushing the A200 on his wonderful 500-gallon reef.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biggestfish has an A400 on his basement Sump setup and I agree it's definitely overkill for your goals. You can always get the A200 IPU if you're looking for something with a little more umph but the 400 would be extreme

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got a A400 for my 550 gallon system with basement grow out system and large basement sump I have M1s for the frag tanks and manifold and the A400 ipu is going on the AGE 210g upstairs which is going to be a lot of head pressure. Build quality is crazy and makes the m1s look like trash. I was very happy with M1s but the Abyzz can’t even compare.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What kind of head pressure are you at? Posting up some pics of your setup would be helpful. You can’t go wrong with a Abyzz though. Every time I buy a expensive piece of equipment... I like to keep future tank upgrades or tank additions to my system in mind. It just seems to be a part of the hobby. We all want bigger or more tanks at some point..lol. On that note you can always dial down a oversized return pump.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back