Possibly the best dosing pumps that money can buy? The new Reef Factory ones are here!!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty dang happy with these ones so far, the new pro dosing pumps from Reef Factory are hands down the best dosing pumps I've ever tried! :star-struck:

Well done! If anyone is looking for a 1 or 4 channel doser with the best app money can buy, look no further!

Advertised with an accuracy of 0.01 ml - and up to 48 dosing interval per day.

Currently dosing phosphate down and nitrate up.

Now; time for them to perfect the Smart Tester and get me those nitrate reagents

PXL_20240104_120845211.MP.jpg

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look good!!
They run near silent i tell you! A great wee bit of kit and reasonably priced as as well at £139 - a whopping £60 less than an Ecotech Versa!

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought it separately, from lfs, in a kit with different colored tubing
Exactly the one I refer to - so not seperately ;) It comes with the tubing! :)

On a separate note, the Red Sea tubing does not work with the RF pumps - ID is too big so there's not a tight seal sadly.

Changed to the included RF dosing tubing yesterday despite the fact that I liked the Red Sea colors...

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, with .01dosing resolution(like my dosetronic), this doser uses stepper motors? Can it be operated without internet(such as directly via bluetooth)? That's the only downside ive found with my dosetronic, no internet- no access...

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, with .01dosing resolution(like my dosetronic), this doser uses stepper motors? Can it be operated without internet(such as directly via bluetooth)? That's the only downside ive found with my dosetronic, no internet- no access...
No internet - No access. Only accessible via browser or app.

Luckily we in the UK experiences very, very few outages. Changes are that I don't need to adjust anything during that one hour in that one year where it doesn't work.

As for the mechanics, they do indeed use stepper motors.

More information here :)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea :) Comes with their dosing tube kit. Don't think they sell separately sadly..

I've bought it separately, from lfs, in a kit with different colored tubing
I should have been more clear. I meant these. Found them. :)

And sorry for getting your thread off track! lol

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have been more clear. I meant these. Found them. :)

And sorry for getting your thread off track! lol
... might just order some more; they're great to have! :star-struck: thanks, and no harm done mate!

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the fact that a single doser is available. Have you used redsea dosers? I only asked because my exierience is limited to kamoer and redsea dosers with redsea being my favorite from hardware to the app.
I run the Red Sea 4x doser on a separate tank actually! :) It's good too, I can't fault it but in my humble opinion these ones are far better, having not taken the longevity into consideration yet as they have been running for about a month.

They are quieter, more precise, far easier to adjust (I never managed to like the Red Sea app) and doesn't need a structural engineer to hang them :) Oh- and they integrate with smart testers, alk testers etc. within the RF ecosystem.

.... and they look cool too :face-with-tears-of-joy:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Red Sea 4x doser on a separate tank actually! :) It's good too, I can't fault it but in my humble opinion these ones are far better, having not taken the longevity into consideration yet as they have been running for about a month.

They are quieter, more precise, far easier to adjust (I never managed to like the Red Sea app) and doesn't need a structural engineer to hang them :) Oh- and they integrate with smart testers, alk testers etc. within the RF ecosystem.

.... and they look cool too :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. I love my reefdose and the app but I'm not too fond of my kamoer dosers and will replace them with something different when they fail. I may give these a try. Variety is the spice of life right?

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty dang happy with these ones so far, the new pro dosing pumps from Reef Factory are hands down the best dosing pumps I've ever tried! :star-struck:
If I may ask, what other dosing pumps did you use?

Advertised with an accuracy of 0.01 ml - and up to 48 dosing interval per day.
That claim of 0.01ml would make me hesitant to buy. That there is Swiss watch precision $$$$$. How would you prove at home that it is precise to within 0.01ml WOW. Maybe it is 0.1ml?

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I may ask, what other dosing pumps did you use?

That claim of 0.01ml would make me hesitant to buy. That there is Swiss watch precision $$$$$. How would you prove at home that it is precise to within 0.01ml WOW. Maybe it is 0.1ml?
I use Red Sea, Neptune, D&D and these ones. These ones far wins out in this pack for sure. They're the real thing, the full package.

As for precision, i merely states what the manufacturer does :) and yes.. it is 0.01 ml. My precision scale confirmed this during calibration and verification.

I wouldn't be hesitant buying them basis this. If you need 0.01 ml accuracy, then your more advanced than a £139 dosing pump anyway :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, did a precision test on both of them - both within 0.01 ml (well, gram!) three times in a row. Thats mighty impressive!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back