Post your LARGE high end SPS

x2uranium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and personally I know several people with bigh end big name colonies but they could case less to share pictures online of them

Mrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is this ....all day every day....

20180519_123434.jpg 20180518_210427.jpg 20180428_111534-01.jpeg 20180518_211138-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. That's what I'm trying to say. This whole "high end" thing is hilarious. Buy 5 maricultures. 1 turns out awesome. Frag. Rename. And sell it as aquaculture high end.

And just bc your dealer calls it white widow. Doesnt mean it's lineage is 100% white widow.

I do
You’re over simplifying. Buying a wild piece then hanging onto it for 6 months or 2 years until the color settles, then fragging it to make sure the frags grow and remain stable, then naming it and selling frags of what is now aquacultured is not a simple process.

Mariculture pieces are different since they tend to culture stuff that already looks decent. So chances are, mariculture pieces already have been named by someone somewhere.

Not think most vendors are worried about someone else already having named a piece. They can just rename it, sad as it is it doesnt help anyone but them.

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread cracks me up. My short list of named overpriced acros that I'm interested in is just one. Orange Passion. I know of at least 3 huge colonies grown in less than perfect conditions and it looks very nice under white light. A survivor and a good looking acro, but it still costs too much for me.

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread cracks me up. My short list of named overpriced acros that I'm interested in is just one. Orange Passion. I know of at least 3 huge colonies grown in less than perfect conditions and it looks very nice under white light. A survivor and a good looking acro, but it still costs too much for me.
I agree and nice tank build, you are very close to me also, we should probably get together sometime to trade.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No high end silly names lol to me just nice corals.
Bill
_DSC6237 FTS of corals.jpg

dang nice !! I'm back into the hobby after 15 years away and I'm in awe at two things:

1. The stupid name used to make corals more than what they are.

2. The fake representation by resellers/vendors using trickery with lighting and photo enhancement.

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say just go to a number of vendor sites selling sps and search by price. Most I think have the mother colony pics but if not then you can google that name for a colony pic.

I think people go nuts for anything with Jason Fox in the name so maybe start there.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battle corals has amazing colony shots.. Fraghouse does too and he takes photos under both blues and whites.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not gonna lie, there are a people on this forum that have HUGE colonies of A+ SPS, I bought some frags off a local guy and he had a colony 15 inches across of Pink Floyd. Among other stuff, but that colony stunned me. They don't like to show for some reason

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back