Potassium calculator

  • Thread starter Thread starter MMI
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Late to the party, but I’ve been using the Reef Chem Calculator by Hamza’s Reef for potassium adjustments and it’s been pretty close to my test results. There’s also Aquaforest’s dosing calculator, which includes K if you use their salts. Anyone here tried cross‑checking these with lab tests like ICP to see how accurate they are over time?

I’m not sure how icp can easily confirm a calculator, since you have to assume a water volume and would need two tests, one before and one after dosing.

Commercial products aside, there is no uncertainty in how much potassium is in potassium chloride solid (my recommendation for dosing), so unless the calculator is a fail, it will be accurate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new