Potter’s Angel Availibility

quesomuchacho

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2023
Messages
69
Reaction score
73
Location
Waco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any idea if/when these fish will cycle back in stock? Is it a seasonal thing?
 
Hawaii ban. Currently unobtainable in continental US. Were pretty common before. There are still some floating around, but they’re gonna be from tank tear-downs. I don’t think there’s been commercial breeding, at least not on a large scale.
 
Ah, bummer. I thought they had lifted the ban. Thanks for the info!
 
Ah, bummer. I thought they had lifted the ban. Thanks for the info!
Ban was lifted, but no permits have been issued yet.

Biota breeds Potter's Angels, but are rarely available, and VERY expensive when they are.
 
Ah. Thanks, friends. Red tape!
 
We are working on it. Technically we were never actually banned. It’s a common misconception. The fishery was asked to do environmental review which has long been completed. There’s a meeting this Friday in regards to getting fishery activated again
 
And yes, Potters angelfish will be available again. The fish isn’t seasonal, there’s millions of them year-round
 
And yes, Potters angelfish will be available again. The fish isn’t seasonal, there’s millions of them year-round
Good. Hopefully they will come down to an working man's price.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new