Potters vs flame angel

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m looking at one of these for my 70g reef. Its mostly euphilia and sps. I have a cleaner shrimp and blood shrimp and dont want those killed. I have 2 clowns, pink streak wrasse, a one spot fox face and a white tail tang. I feed multiple times a day and cant keep nitrates high enough so adding another fish. There is tons of hiding spots and not worried about that.

I dont know much about potters but my wife likes the looks better than flame angel but I love flame angels bright colors.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at one of these for my 70g reef. Its mostly euphilia and sps. I have a cleaner shrimp and blood shrimp and dont want those killed. I have 2 clowns, pink streak wrasse, a one spot fox face and a white tail tang. I feed multiple times a day and cant keep nitrates high enough so adding another fish. There is tons of hiding spots and not worried about that.

I dont know much about potters but my wife likes the looks better than flame angel but I love flame angels bright colors.
Potters are unfortunately not available in the hobby unless you get one from a tank break down.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon, here is an extract from the reef builders article on the Hawaii fish ban lift…

“Only Yellow tangs, Kole tangs, Orangespine unicornfish, Potter’s angelfish, Brown surgeonfish, Thompson’s surgeonfish, Black surgeonfish, and Bird wrasse would be allowed to be collected, under the new plan.”

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon, here is an extract from the reef builders article on the Hawaii fish ban lift…

“Only Yellow tangs, Kole tangs, Orangespine unicornfish, Potter’s angelfish, Brown surgeonfish, Thompson’s surgeonfish, Black surgeonfish, and Bird wrasse would be allowed to be collected, under the new plan.”
The downside is, when will that ban lift actually happen?
We’ve been waiting for a ban lift for the past yearish…

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flame angel in my 130 and as soon as I can find a reasonably priced Potters I will add it to my tank and pray they can coexist.
I love them both!!!
I had a Potter's many years ago and when I got back into the hobby I swore that I would have one again.
Two of my favorite fish!!!

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve kept both at the same time and am waiting for the ban to be lifted to add another Potter’s to my current Flame and Multicolor.

They pose no threat to inverts and I’ve had a good track record with dwarves and corals, though, anecdotally, I think there are more reports of Flames picking at meaty LPS and clams.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back