Powder Blue Tang feeding

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2018
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
3,270
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a beautiful 3-4’ PBT who is fat and happy. I keep seeing a lot of posts that people only feed nori 2-3 times a week. I give him a sheet daily which is gone in an hour and he shares in the mysis, etc I Feed everyone else at might. Thoughts?

I know I’m not doing anything wrong just thought I’d seek a concensus on how often you feed Nori/seaweed sheets,etc.
 
I feed my purple tang a half a sheet every other day and feed hikari brine shrimp with algae everyday. When I introduce another 2 gangs in will go to 1 sheet a day.
 
I feed nori each day, enough that they can graze for 1/2-2/3 the day. That’s a lot sometimes when you have a lot of tangs. It can make for some dirty fish and a dirty tank, however. It is what the fish want, though.
 
I feed nori each day, enough that they can graze for 1/2-2/3 the day. That’s a lot sometimes when you have a lot of tangs. It can make for some dirty fish and a dirty tank, however. It is what the fish want, though.

Yes, my tang definitely puts a bio-load on my tank but tbh my coral seem to do much better with a “slightly dirtier” tank than pristine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new