Powder Blue Tang feeding

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a beautiful 3-4’ PBT who is fat and happy. I keep seeing a lot of posts that people only feed nori 2-3 times a week. I give him a sheet daily which is gone in an hour and he shares in the mysis, etc I Feed everyone else at might. Thoughts?

I know I’m not doing anything wrong just thought I’d seek a concensus on how often you feed Nori/seaweed sheets,etc.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my purple tang a half a sheet every other day and feed hikari brine shrimp with algae everyday. When I introduce another 2 gangs in will go to 1 sheet a day.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed nori each day, enough that they can graze for 1/2-2/3 the day. That’s a lot sometimes when you have a lot of tangs. It can make for some dirty fish and a dirty tank, however. It is what the fish want, though.

OP
OP
Frtdrmrose7

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed nori each day, enough that they can graze for 1/2-2/3 the day. That’s a lot sometimes when you have a lot of tangs. It can make for some dirty fish and a dirty tank, however. It is what the fish want, though.

Yes, my tang definitely puts a bio-load on my tank but tbh my coral seem to do much better with a “slightly dirtier” tank than pristine.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back