Power Head for 40b

BlueBull87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. My Jebao RW-8 wave maker took a crap this morning. It won't run in wave mode or infact any unless you bump start it. Now price to water movement the thing is great. At its lowest setting it was blowing everything around in my 40b. But I bought it Dec 10th of 2018 and it's shot already. Looking at what my most cost effective replacement is for it. Prefer one unless someone can really prove I need two. Softie/LPS tank

OP
OP
BlueBull87

BlueBull87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 jebao rw-4s on mine.
Maybe I just have bad luck now after owning one I wouldn't mind doing two so I could really make the flow random but I'm afraid to go Jebao again. I mean they are cheap but if I'm buying new every year it ain't that cheap

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. You could get an Icecap gyre, or you could invest in an mp40, and you can probably get one used on the forum to save some cost.

OP
OP
BlueBull87

BlueBull87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. You could get an Icecap gyre, or you could invest in an mp40, and you can probably get one used on the forum to save some cost.
I was just looking at the icecap gyre 1k. I didn't know if one would be enought flow. I'm assuming it would seen as I never had the RW8 off its lowest setting. When I first got it I turned it up and thought the tank walls were going to blow apart!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 gyre would be plenty of flow in a 40B.

On the other hand, the cost of a gyre compared to another jebao or handful of jebaos.....

My pp8's are going on 3 years old and still run flawlessly.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaebo’s been hit or miss for me. Two return pumps. One died in less than a year while the other still worked after two and it was retired.
Power heads followed a similar pattern for me. The larger ones tend to last longer than the smaller ones. At least with CoralVu/Icecap you’ll get decent support.

OP
OP
BlueBull87

BlueBull87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 gyre would be plenty of flow in a 40B.

On the other hand, the cost of a gyre compared to another jebao or handful of jebaos.....

My pp8's are going on 3 years old and still run flawlessly.
I mean I can get a icecap 1k gyre for $116. Another Jebao will run me another $69 bucks for a RW8. SOOOO, I'm at $140 already for the Jebao or I could have just bought something decent to begin with. I honestly loved the amount of water it moves but it didn't even last a year.

OP
OP
BlueBull87

BlueBull87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a single gyre 1k be sufficient in a 40b though or would I need two or one 3k? The MP10 and 40 is just way too much $$

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back