Need wave maker for 6 gallon cube

IndigoAlive

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
13
Location
OtterTail County
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval betta cube 6gallon tank that I’ve converted into a reef tank, but with the current filtration it doesn’t get hardly any flow, I bought a hygger hg222 that has up to 660gph but on the lowest setting with the widest wave attachment but it just blows my sand all over, is there a better wave maker with less flow I could buy to keep it from blowing my sand all over the place?
 
Sicce voyager nano has a 270 gph and 535 gph which are good for small tanks, they put out a wide gentle flow compared to the hyyger which is like a rocket propeller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new