Power head options for 180G

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking at several flow options for my 180G and need some input. I am doing mostly LPS Zoas and maybe a one or two encrusting and/or chalices.

First option is two AI Nero 5s
I like them because of the small style, clean look and super easy controllability. I have two concerns though.
I have seen several reviews on BRS about fish getting sucked into them. Kinda concerns me lol. Is this a real problem and should I be concerned about it?

Second Q is, are two of these enough for a 180G?
It is a bow front so idk if flow works more effectively with the bow.

The next option is two SLW-30s or two SOW-20/SOW-15

I like these because they r cheaper then the Neros but once again don’t know if they will last and if they r as powerful as the AI Neros. I also want the new WiFi option but can’t find them on amazon so also a downside.

My last option is two Tunze 6095s
They would be out of my price range but Black Friday might get me so... Obviously tunze has plenty on controllability and r super reliable. They are bigger though and might not be as powerful as some other options (maybe).

So what would you do in my situation. Don’t want to spend over $400. I do have 2 1500Gph hydros that I could through in for extra flow if I need it.
Thanks in advance for the advice!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back