Power head wavemaker placement????

Raysup88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m upgrading tank I’ve got the current wavemakers 2x 800gph in the tank. I just upgraded the return pump that’s in the sump down below and that is a 650gph with the length looks to be around 400gph. I just now today got 2 more little wavemakers at 480gph each. I just placed one small in the tank not sure I need another one. I’ve got a 65gal tank. 18Wx21Hx36L” tank. Currently my overflow is on the right side. I’ve got my return in the center pushing towards the right I just placed the smaller wavemaker on the bottom right
03D64F5C-ECA3-4974-92CC-5A6FB47228D4.jpeg

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just want to eliminate dead spots in the tank cyno will build in low flow areas. It can be tricky to get the flow diald in when you have sand. If you like and think the flow is good leave it and if you need more add the other as far as flow is concerned you have enough flow per gallon per say but thats a very debatable topic. You will be fine if you do or dont add the other powerhead in my opinion.

Screenshot_20201231-173625_Samsung Internet.jpg

I would place the other here if you decide to use it I like tons of random flow but thats what works and looks good to me.

OP
OP
R

Raysup88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just want to eliminate dead spots in the tank cyno will build in low flow areas. It can be tricky to get the flow diald in when you have sand. If you like and think the flow is good leave it and if you need more add the other as far as flow is concerned you have enough flow per gallon per say but thats a very debatable topic. You will be fine if you do or dont add the other powerhead in my opinion.

I would place the other here if you decide to use it I like tons of random flow but thats what works and looks good to me.
That is actually my only dead spot right now is right where you circled lol

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is actually my only dead spot right now is right where you circled lol

Also you can have those smaller ones on timer just to keep the stuff from settling in the dead spots. But like I said I think more flow is better and if you want some sps it is 100% recommend to be on.

OP
OP
R

Raysup88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So circulation is real good now lol only thing I’ve got that little ricordea frag guessing too much for him there now?

Attachments

• IMG_0033.MOV
    44.6 MB
  • IMG_0034.MOV
    12.8 MB

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could block the flow by putting it closer to the substrate. Its not in a bad spot now but you could lessen the flow by using the rock as a shield.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back