Power heads

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjcranor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Depends on what you are going to keep, the best result's I have seen in a 60g I had was 2 1050 koralia's but I was also keeping all sps with minimal lps and softie's. My friend has a 55g and has 2 550 koralia's and he has mostly LPS and softie's and has great water movement with minimal dead spot's =)
 
You want at least 30x - 40x turnover per hour for LPS, not direct flow for LPS. SPS like 40x to even 100x turnover. If you plan to keep both, just point the power heads to create different zones with different levels of flow and place corals accordingly.
 
You want at least 30x - 40x turnover per hour for LPS, not direct flow for LPS. SPS like 40x to even 100x turnover. If you plan to keep both, just point the power heads to create different zones with different levels of flow and place corals accordingly.

Agreed, I am up around 80x turnover in my mixed reef.
 
Just wondering about this exact question. I have 2 mp40 in a 120 gal. Wondering if I should get a mp10. It's mainly sps


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Thanks for input I have 3 power heads, I have one on the bottom in the back to have flow behind my live rock. Then 1 on each side, one is a power sweep. I got them several years ago and can't remember how much gph they are.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new