Power heads

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishboy1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishboy1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
130
Reaction score
100
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone just after some inputs about the Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6025. I am going to be replacing my old Hydor Koralia Evolution 3200 a stray current coming from it.

I know the Tunze has a 740gph but im unsure what the hydor evo had. So should I take the plunge and get it as I only have a 36gallon tank. Or shiould I try to find another evo power head.

​

 
Hi everyone just after some inputs about the Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6025. I am going to be replacing my old Hydor Koralia Evolution 3200 a stray current coming from it.

I know the Tunze has a 740gph but im unsure what the hydor evo had. So should I take the plunge and get it as I only have a 36gallon tank. Or shiould I try to find another evo power head.

​


3200 is probably liters so 845gph

I would get Tunze tho. Built better.
 
Can't speak on the Flow comparison but build quality and reliability of the Tunze greatly exceeds Hydor Koralia imo.
 
Thanks for the replies. But the tunze wouldn't be too weak would it.
 
If you can swing it I would look at one of the controllable tunze. Tunze are much better than koralia for sure. I have a box full of the koralias that leak electricity. I only use them for mixing salt and cuss everytime I touch the water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new